Now before I get a bunch of hate I want to say I LOVE The Beatles and John Lennon if one of my Favorite Writers but a friend of mine said they got to much hype. What do you think?. Lets hear some opinons.
Yes they were, that's obvious.
This thread is about to be closed, i can sense it.
Rockin' shit
yes. indeed they were.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Quote by Heavens_To_Hell
Roses Are Red
Violets Are Blue
I'LL F*CK YOU WITH A RAKE!

God I love the demotivationals thread...
Yes. I respect them for what they did to rock, but they were extremely overrated for making simple two minute pop songs. I do love Sgt. Pepper though.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by OnMyPhone
nope, they were the best band ever and they deserve the hype

Anybody could do hundreds of pop songs and make hit records.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

Quote by soundgarden19
Yes. I respect them for what they did to rock, but they were extremely overrated for making simple two minute pop songs. I do love Sgt. Pepper though.

the thing about the Beatles that know one seems to know is THEY WANTED TO BE A POP BAND!

nothing wrong with writing and playing pop songs, thats what they wanted to do. plus their pop was way different than todays pop.

they did alot for music because later in their career they experimented with different music so it wasnt just pop, it was interesting pop that they created.
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Quote by soundgarden19
Anybody could do hundreds of pop songs and make hit records.

Yes the Beatles did write pop songs but I still think they had a lot of redeeming musical qualities. Some of their stuff is pure gold musically, especially their vocal harmonies.
Yes, I know I'm not saying thats a bad thing, I'm just saying they wrote tons of pop songs, but they also did a whole lot with new recording technology.

Quote by denizenz

Quote by zappp
To make it easier on the moderators and everybody else who uses the forums and the site;

1. Do not post bands or artists in this main section of B&A Forum. Instead, Post them into the appropriate genre`s forum. Check in the forum's first to see if your band would fit.

2. The main forum is for general band and artist questions. (ie, "favourite debut album of 2004?")

The only exception to this rule is if the particular band or artist does not fit into any sub-forum (including other!)

3. From this point, failure to do so will result in your entire thread being deleted.

The rules are simple, and the consequences are strict. It is to avoid the mess that this forum often ends up in.

also ... formula for the same old, same old "Over-rated" thread:
Now before I get a bunch of hate I want to say I LOVE <insert name here> but a friend of mine said they got to much hype. Discuss.

*sigh*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
No, bands today will find (or copy) a sound and milk it for ten years. The Beatles didn't, the leap from Rubber Soul to Revolver (just in a year's time, mind you) is larger than most bands will progress in twenty years.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Probably the only fully progressive band that ever existed.
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
Chuck berry, elvis pressly and all the other founders of rock had already established the rock and roll sound. It was bluesy it was gutsy and it was great. when the beatles came in to the USA they started this whole Pop thing and the rest of our groups seemed to follow. Yeah, we still got bands like the Rolling Stones and whatnot, but most of the rockabilly sound got thrown out for brit pop.

The beatles changed the sound from rockabilly to pop; but did it need to be changed?
Last edited by weezergeek182 at Jan 8, 2009,
How could you even ask that!??!?!?!?!

One of the most inventive bands OF ALL TIME!

and talented also. Maybe they couldn't shred. But they could write a good god damn song when they wanted to.

Who cares if they wrote pop songs. They were gods at what they did, regardless of whether or not some people agree.
COLORS!

OMG

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Also, people who wear Monster swag are automatically douches.
Quote by Robbertto
How could you even ask that!??!?!?!?!

One of the most inventive bands OF ALL TIME!

and talented also. Maybe they couldn't shred. But they could write a good god damn song when they wanted to.

Who cares if they wrote pop songs. They were gods at what they did, regardless of whether or not some people agree.

Just because they are one of the most inventive bands of all time doesn't mean they aren't overrated. I mean they were great but people made them out to be the best ever and nobody else will be better then them ever.

Quote by denizenz

Yes.... but they're ace
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
But that doesn't mean they are the best and you can't do better then the beatles. there are better guitar players, singers, bass player and better drummers then them.

Quote by denizenz

^ You forget songwriters.. the beatles were brilliant songwriters
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
I think they were amazing songwriters, and there aren't many better then them, but they are overrated.

Quote by denizenz

george harrison invented lots of chords and john and paul could write songs better than anyone they're kinda overrated because they were the first of their kind but their great musicians
Any band that becomes nearly as big as the Beatles are "overrated" to some extent, when you start picking out small things they did/didn't do. On the other hand, they're not at all, since they were the biggest band on the planet.
Warwick Corvette $$ 4-string
Ibanez GSR200
SWR Goliath II 4x10
Eden 115XL
Carvin B1500 head
how are they overrated??/ Give me an example of them being overrated. they're rated perfectly
the people who seem to think theyre overrated never seem to be able to grasp what the beatles actually did.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
Quote by mercedesisbenz
the people who seem to think theyre overrated never seem to be able to grasp what the beatles actually did.

Agreed. And if anybody could write pop songs, everybody would be rich and famous. But music today is complete ****. So I'm not talking about today.