After plenty of time listening to American Football I decided I want to play their stuff. I looked at tabs and came across this tuning and, being pretty much a noob at tuning, I have no idea how to get there. Can somebody please explain to me how to tune my acoustic from standard to FACGCE?
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
E up 1/2 step to F
D down 1 step to C
B up 1/2 step to C
low to high strings

you would need to use lighter gauge strings for the up tuning maby .08 or something lower
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Jan 5, 2009,
e -> E = no change
B -> C = up half step
G -> G = no change
D -> C = down a step
A -> A = no change
E -> F = up a half step
Quote by Infamou$17
After plenty of time listening to American Football I decided I want to play their stuff. I looked at tabs and came across this tuning and, being pretty much a noob at tuning, I have no idea how to get there. Can somebody please explain to me how to tune my acoustic from standard to

FACGCE?

Tune up a full step

Leave at normal tuning

Tune down a full step

Leave at normal tuning

Tune up a full step

Leave at normal tuning

I'm not completely sure, but I think thats right, but it's a weird tuning, good luck!
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
2008 Ibanez AEG20E A/E Cutaway
2011 Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro
Amps:
Epiphone Valve Jr. Halfstack BitMo Trio Modded
60W All Tube Egnater Renegade Head and Cab.
Quote by evortre
Tune up a full step

Leave at normal tuning

Tune down a full step

Leave at normal tuning

Tune up a full step

Leave at normal tuning

I'm not completely sure, but I think thats right, but it's a weird tuning, good luck!

The distance between b and c and e and f are just half steps.

not to sound rude, but go learn your music theory please. i know you mean good intentions, its just that the extra half step will make everything very off and possibly snap the b string.

also, i barely know any music theory, and i should take my own advice.

i just knew that they were a half step apart.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Last edited by about at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by about
The distance between b and c and e and f are just half steps.

not to sound rude, but go learn your music theory please. i know you mean good intentions, its just that the extra half step will make everything very off and possibly snap the b string.

also, i barely know any music theory, and i should take my own advice.

i just knew that they were a half step apart.

hell thats not even really theory, thats knowing the friggin fretboard............... i have no idea how youd play guitar without know where notes are