Hopefully this is the right forum,

I am currently ready to record a quick 4 song demo
I do not have a full band right now, nor do I want one
so I've decided to try to use a drum machine to record with
it seemed to work well enough for the first three BTMI albums

can anyone suggest a nice drum machine program?
preferably a cheap one
and one that has the ability to do triplets(last demo of program i used could not)

Thanks in advanced
doesn't you're mac come with Garage Band?

just set the tempo and write a drum track.

EDIT: GarageBand does triplets - it won't allow you to change tempo midway through a piece though (at least I haven't figured out how if you can do it). So if you want to do that you have to get creative with your solutions.
Si
Last edited by 20Tigers at Jan 5, 2009,
i tried garageband drums for awhile, but they ticked me off on how hard they were to mess with
I used to use Fruity Loops on my windows
So I would like something close to the same interface as far as the drum sequencing goes
Garage band is pretty easy to use. It's just a matter of getting used to something new. I do drum tracks in DP, Logic, Garage Band, Reason..... it's all more or less the same once you learn them.

BTW EZ Drummer is a great plug in. I'm pretty sure it works in Garage Band, and has much more realistic sounds.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by bucketned
ill check out EZ drummer

should I get the iDrum plug in?

I haven't tried that yet so I can't say. EZ drummer is awesome. Battery by native instruments is great as well. They aren't free or anything though.
shred is gaudy music
eh EZ drummer still doesnt have that interface im looking for
it does get some wicked sounds though
Quote by bucketned
halp?

Why don't you just get fruity loops for Mac if thats the only interface your willing to work with?

NM, I guess there is no Mac version.

If your not willing to learn something new you might want to go back to PC.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jan 5, 2009,