Poll: What do your parents think of you being a musician?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do your parents think of you being a musician?
They Support Me
134 60%
They Disaprove
13 6%
They Don't Really Care
78 35%
Voters: 225.
Page 1 of 2
Well, tittle says it all. My parents absolutely approve of it, they love rock music and even help me get money to buy new gear from time to time.

but then i know some of my friends parents think that being in a band will get them nowhere in life and think guitar/drums/bass etc. is worthless spending money on.

So my question is, what do your parents think of you being a musician?
Gear:

Gibson SG Special
Fender MIM Standard Strat (SSS)
Squire Bullet Strat
Marshall 6100LM
Vox DA5
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Last edited by Lopez72 at Jan 5, 2009,
My dad supports me
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Why would they be against it?

Oh wait, Christians?
UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
my dad helps me everywhere, he got my drummer drum lessons, my gear and tons of stuff
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
I told my dad I wanted to be a cop, then he looked at me and said "No son, you are going to be a rockstar"... thats actually how i decided to do the band thing and yeah he's helped support the band lol
Quote by kxy1992
I told my dad I wanted to be a cop, then he looked at me and said "No son, you are going to be a rockstar"... thats actually how i decided to do the band thing and yeah he's helped support the band lol

Your dad is a god

Everyone should bow to him
Gear:

Gibson SG Special
Fender MIM Standard Strat (SSS)
Squire Bullet Strat
Marshall 6100LM
Vox DA5
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Quote by Brick23

Oh wait, Christians?

My parents are Christians and they supported my last band and if I get another one going then i'm sure they will aswell, unless it ruins my college work.

Quote by kxy1992

What a badass.
my mum's really cool about it

offers lifts to practice and stuff like that
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
My parents encourage it. I would feel much less creative if i wasn't supported in my passion
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
They both totally approve of it.They come to my gigs, they transport me to practice, and they help us with new ideas and stuff

Quote by BigNose
I have one night stand next to my bed, I keep a glass of water on it!

BADOOM TCHH!

... I also float a little boat made of fail in it.

Make LOVE
*******NOT
*******WAR
Quote by kxy1992

amazing, just awesome

you get a golf clap

and as an added bonus u get this ------>
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
my mum fully approves of it. i used to be in like a glam metal kinda band (yeah i was young) and i dressed up as a women for our shows and my mum used to come along and be proud i was doing something i enjoyed, even if she didnt like the music
Quote by DirtyMakik
Pointless threads like those make me cry my bloody cum out.
Both of my parents are completely against my musical ways,
they always tell me im never gonna make it anywhere and that its a waste of my time
the last time they bought me anything was when they got me a crappy ass acoustic and tried to get me to play country, then i bought my ibanez and was like **** that!
they're glad I'm doing something and not shut in so much
and gave me rides to practice before I got my license
and they buty me gear & whatnot for Birthdays and christmas, , but thats more just because I play guitar
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by Brick23

Oh wait, Christians?

He ****face, I'm a ****ing christian, and those of us who are metalheads and christians feel that music and religion don't go hand in hand. I'm in a thrash metal band. I sing about killing and Satan and ****, but every Sunday I go to church and praise the almighty. Also Dave Lombardo and Tom Araya (Slayer) are both christians. But listen to the lyrics of disciple. Some christians, though, take it too far. So **** off and stop ****ing around with religion. It shows how ****ing much you know.
Quote by willy_99
my mum fully approves of it. i used to be in like a glam metal kinda band (yeah i was young) and i dressed up as a women for our shows and my mum used to come along and be proud i was doing something i enjoyed, even if she didnt like the music

Weeeird!
Quote by Icarus Lives
Weeeird!

lol it was only a laugh man. she saw the funny side of it
Quote by DirtyMakik
Pointless threads like those make me cry my bloody cum out.
Quote by kxy1992

ok sum1 sig this **** already lmao
Yeah, they support me. It probably greatly helps that I'm in a folk band as opposed to metal.
Quote by Silas S Thompso
He ****face, I'm a ****ing christian, and those of us who are metalheads and christians feel that music and religion don't go hand in hand. I'm in a thrash metal band. I sing about killing and Satan and ****, but every Sunday I go to church and praise the almighty. Also Dave Lombardo and Tom Araya (Slayer) are both christians. But listen to the lyrics of disciple. Some christians, though, take it too far. So **** off and stop ****ing around with religion. It shows how ****ing much you know.

Wow calm down...

My parents don't give a **** as long as I don't do drugs, don't sing about Satan, and continue my education..

I keep telling them that if I get a record deal I'll ditch school though..
they dont really care since i'm not in a band

but my dad wants me to be in a "rock" band.. like playing led zeppelin and stuff.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

kxy1992 has an awesome dad.

My parents aprove, but they don't support that much.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
yeah,they're glad I'm in a band.They support me a fair bit too.Not that I always need it though.I find my way around alot things
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Mine don't care.

I know my extended family don't like it - my nan went as far as to say my college course (music) was a waste of time and I wasn't going to get anywhere.

Coming from a woman in a wheelchair who can only use 1 arm/leg, I think that's a little rich.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by kxy1992

Must... sig...

On Topic: I don't have a band.
They wouldn't disaprove. They would be thrilled if I were actually in a band, but I am not.
Quote by HelpTravesty
Hey everyone, SMOKE WEED!

It's raining blood from a lacerated sky.

yeah i come from a very musical family. my whole family plays something except one of my brothers. my parents are encouraging me to find a band right now (i dont have one) I even jam with my dad's band sometimes. they basically bought a bit of my gear. they are very supportive. and even when i was in that phase during the 2nd year that i wanted to quit, my parents wouldnt let me. my mom actually gave me a cool middle name so when im a rockstar i can change my last name to my middle name so i dont sound like a folk or blues star
My dad's apathy expresses his feelings toward this subject while my mother's hesitant worries about being in a band are drug addiction(lol she doesn't know I do weed and acid) and bad behavior(I'm the toughest motherfucker in my band)

I tried acting fancy
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
Quote by Brick23

Oh wait, Christians?

Wtf, are you retarded? I don't recall music being against Christianity...
EDIT: And yes, my parents are pretty supportive of my band.
Last edited by crackerpleaz at Jan 5, 2009,
They let us practice here, and they've put up with me drumming for the last 6 years, and my dad got all happy after we played and was like "You guys need you a bassist." I say encourage.

Quote by thewho65
I'm not in a band tight now, but they'd think it'd be neat. They know I really want to.

If you play bass, where do you live in PA. haha.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Last edited by monkeysintheday at Jan 5, 2009,
They completely support me.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
My mom loves to watch me play at shows and my dad is glad I'm playing music and enjoying it, BUT he thinks we're a ****ty band. So yes, they support me.
Click here

Quote by crackerpleaz
Wtf, are you retarded? I don't recall music being against Christianity...
EDIT: And yes, my parents are pretty supportive of my band.

It was a JOKE.
Click here

Page 1 of 2