I was just wondering because the jazz is slipping from my fingers because its small, and the xl series is pretty good but its like a totally different pick.
i tried out a dunlop nylon and was impressed, it was to thin for me though so i'll be tryin the 1.0 mm.
so what picks do you guys use/recomend for me to try out?
its totally preference. Ised to use dunlop yellows, and so do a lot of people. The red jazz III's are doing for me now.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
i switched to black jazz III's because the reds were too slippery
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by stratdud39
I was just wondering because the jazz is slipping from my fingers because its small, and the xl series is pretty good but its like a totally different pick.
i tried out a dunlop nylon and was impressed, it was to thin for me though so i'll be tryin the 1.0 mm.
so what picks do you guys use/recomend for me to try out?

I recently switched over to using those. It seems like I can get more speed since they are a bit pointier. Squeals are a little easier to attain as well. But yea if you have big hands they would probly be a bit too small to grasp. I know if i try and use a regular sized pick it feels like it fills my whole hand and it's very uncomfortable. Although it took me about a week or so to get used to the Jazz III's
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
i like to use a big, hard pick. one that really fills my fingers.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
I use Ernie Ball Nylon picks in black (the heavy size) and they work pretty awesome for me.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Pretty much any other pick by dunlop...v-picks are also very nice if you get the chance to use one, they're damn expencive for pick though I bought one for $5.00 I coulda gone and gotten lunch for that, and the fact that they're clear makes them easy to loose and now that I don't know where it is lunch may have been the better investment.
i go into a store, i have a look at all the picks, and i buy the one that feels right.
Brands and stuff are just secondary to a pick that just feels good in your hand
Epiphone SG G-400 faded
Fender Strat
Fender Frontman amp
**Dream Guitar**
Fender telecaster '58 heavy relic in blonde

"its in the key of D minor, i find songs in this key makes people want to weep."
"its called Lick My Love Pump"
yea, i definitely like yellow dunlops, or anything thats pretty thick and has a good point
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Quote by david_highland
Pretty much any other pick by dunlop...v-picks are also very nice if you get the chance to use one, they're damn expencive for pick though I bought one for $5.00 I coulda gone and gotten lunch for that, and the fact that they're clear makes them easy to loose and now that I don't know where it is lunch may have been the better investment.

yeah they seem really kool but im not gonna let myself waste money on them because i always lose my picks.
so i'd be spending like a 100 dollars a month on them :/
Quote by TSelman
Gators!

/thread
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by stratdud39
those seem pretty sweet, and that grip is what i need.
thats part of why i love the nylons, they dont slip, and they feel real nice.

You'll LOVE the Gator grips. I haven't dropped a gator pick yet, plus they have like 6 different thickness'.
Quote by stratdud39
those seem pretty sweet, and that grip is what i need.
thats part of why i love the nylons, they dont slip, and they feel real nice.

the best part about that grip is when it wears off leave it alone for a few months and the grip comes back, you can cycle through them.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
the best part about that grip is when it wears off leave it alone for a few months and the grip comes back, you can cycle through them.

that seems pretty sweet, i'll defintely be tryin them
big stubby 3mm, the bigger kinds have a grove in them so there a little easier to hold.
its just preference really
Quote by TSelman
You'll LOVE the Gator grips. I haven't dropped a gator pick yet, plus they have like 6 different thickness'.

yeah i was just looking, i love thicker picks so i'll probably get some 2 mms
or a bunch of different sizes
Quote by metaladdict123
big stubby 3mm, the bigger kinds have a grove in them so there a little easier to hold.
its just preference really

i love them but they slip out of my hands because they have that smooth plastic on them
dude..... the pick makes barely any difference to me..... i just bought one of those bags or like 300 off of ebay and use w/e is in the bag
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Quote by ac/dc752
dude..... the pick makes barely any difference to me..... i just bought one of those bags or like 300 off of ebay and use w/e is in the bag

ROFL
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
Fender Celuloid Picks, why do people have to kill themselves with pics? I can play with a freaking penny
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
try some ivory pick but they are a bit pricey at seven buck for one.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
if slipping is your problem, planet waves makes some pretty good gripped picks
Quote by ac/dc752

well i find a considerable difference between a jazz III and one of the huge triangle fender picks
its also preference to the player on whether you even care about the picks
Dunlop Tortex picks are great.

If you like the tonality of Jazz picks but want something with more grip, check out the Dunlop Tortex Jazz picks.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.