Can anyone tell me how the thickness of the necks on squier and fender strats/teles compare? I learned on an acoustic, and am getting an electric sometime soon. When I tried the squier the neck was wayyyy to thin for me so are the fender strats and telecasters the same width???

As of right now I'm leaning towards a les paul or PRS Se custom. although I havent had a chance to try any out at the shop yet this is based only on the fact that I read that both those guitars have pretty thick necks.
yeah ull find any guitars that have a bolt on neck will usually be pretty thin
and logically, bound necks like PRS or Gibson will be a bit thicker, so if you dont like
the fenders lean towards something bound on.
Epiphone gives quality like Gibsons similar to that of squier in terms of fender, i fyou understand my meaning,
so something like an epiphone might fit your hand and your budget.
Epiphone SG G-400 faded
Fender Strat
Fender Frontman amp
**Dream Guitar**
Fender telecaster '58 heavy relic in blonde

"its in the key of D minor, i find songs in this key makes people want to weep."
"its called Lick My Love Pump"
Tele's and strats have basically the same neck. Subtle differences. Everything will feel thin compared to an acoustic. A PRS will too. My PRS is way thinner than my acoustic. Les Pauls have chunky necks, but feel smaller than an acoustic to me too.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
The neck on my Custom Shop Tele and Hot Rod '62 Strat measure almost 7/8" thick. That's measuring from the side of the fingerboard. Kind of difficult to get an exact measurement, but that's close. The neck on my PRS CE24 measures close to 3/4".