I am trying to copy a .ISO file of a DVD from my desktop to my external hard drive. The file is 6.85gb. I have 10.1gb left on C:\\ and 365gb on my external hard drive. When I try to move it it says there is not enough space to copy the file. Help? Thanks.

tl;dr, i'm trying to copy a file and it says i don't have space but i do.
Quote by Cameronrobson
If a barn owl was fighting a tiger and flew away, it was just looking for a more awesome place to fight. This happens all the time on Dragon Ball Z.

Member 8 of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club
Thanks. Any remedy?
Quote by Cameronrobson
If a barn owl was fighting a tiger and flew away, it was just looking for a more awesome place to fight. This happens all the time on Dragon Ball Z.

yeah, check what filesystem the external drive is using. you may have to split it, this can be done with winRAR or HJSplit.

EDIT: Format the external drive to NTFS or something
Quote by freedoms_stain
File is too big for the file system used by the external drive.

QFT

the external drive is probably formatted in FAT - FAT can't handle files longer than 4GB., I have the same problem with mine, but new, shiny, 320GB drive for my MacBook is ordered so no more
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Thanks. I'll just split it I guess.
Quote by Cameronrobson