hey guys im pretty uneducated in what it takes to get a good tone...

im just looking for a good solo channel, something for like canon rock or so

i have a line 6 spyder 212 and a shecter s1-elite

im sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum, ill be glad to move it somewhere else
My Myspace
My Covers
PLEASE WATCH AND COMMMENT

My Gear

Schecter S1 Elite
Line 6 Sypder II 212
Dunlop DB-01 Dime Crybaby From Hell Wah
BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
You don't have a good amp.
However, roll down the treble a bit, increase the mids slightly stick the bass on 8. A splash of delay, reverb and overdrive to taste.
If it's harsh, roll down the tone controls on your guitar and try the neck pickup.

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

spider 2 series 2x12" speakers...

i know alot of ppl dont like em but it was all i could afford and i am pretty happy with it

thanks for the quick replies
My Myspace
My Covers

My Gear

Schecter S1 Elite
Line 6 Sypder II 212
BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
Well, with my pedalboard I usually have a distortion and an overdrive on at all times. When I go for leads, I turn the distortion off and kick in another overdrive. I find the dynamics and response is better since I'm not hitting my preamp as hard.

For amps, kicking in an overdrive over the gain channel is usually good.

In your case, not so much. What you should do for a good lead sound is use the crunch channel on your amp, boost the gain (Hold down tap tempo while turning the gain knob all the way up) , boost the volume (Hold down tap tempo while turning the channel volume knob all the way up) and add a little reverb and delay.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Jan 5, 2009,
thanks man
My Myspace
My Covers

My Gear

Schecter S1 Elite
Line 6 Sypder II 212
BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
Turn your mids to 11.

Simple.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
i like some delay on solos. Gives it some space. Those are for more soaring solos, sometimes chorus also.

It's really more about the song. Do what the song wants!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
little bit of distortion, just a smidge of chorus and as much delay to taste. use a thin pick and pick softly

you may want to add in vibrato or bends, even if it's not in the original. I like to add vibrato, bends, divebombs, harmonics to classical music espically
Kerry King uses an EQ Pedal that he turns on for his solos to give them a tone boost.

Also, wah makes solos tasty. NOT ALWAYS. But it does make it sound a little cooler in my opinion.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.