I ordered a Decimator G-string and it's coming in tommorow. I have a pedal board, and the only two possible ways I could place the decimator into would be:

Guitar -> Wah -> Decimator -> Distortion Pedal 1 -> Distortion Pedal 2 -> Amp

or

Guitar -> Wah -> Distortion Pedal 1 -> Distortion Pedal 2 -> Decimator -> Amp

I could put the decimator inbetween those two too...but I don't think that would work out well at all.

I like to use both Distortion pedals at once because the tone I get out of both of them sounds orgasmic (to me at least.) I can't move the Wah due to the pedal board's setup, it'd be the only spot where the Wah fits.

Does it matter? Some articles said depending on where your noise suppressor is, tone could get sucked or the gate could actually have no effect at all. The reason for me wanting the suppressor is because both distortions when turned on at the same time hiss wildly.

Anyone know?
Can't you use that thing in two spots? I thought it had 2 loops. You should try to run it right before the amp, or very last in the effects loop. Those are the two main spots.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
Can't you use that thing in two spots? I thought it had 2 loops. You should try to run it right before the amp, or very last in the effects loop. Those are the two main spots.

by "Right before the amp" Do you mean put it in front of all of the effects? Don't understand that.
like this:

In front of the amp:
Guitar -> Wah > Distortion Pedal 1 -> Distortion Pedal 2 -> Decimator - > Amp

and / or

at the end of the effects loop:
Guitar -> Wah -> Distortion Pedal 1 -> Distortion Pedal 2 -> Amp -> decimator in effects loop
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
like this:

In front of the amp:

and / or

at the end of the effects loop:
Guitar -> Wah -> Distortion Pedal 1 -> Distortion Pedal 2 -> Amp -> decimator in effects loop

Thanks a lot. I'll try this tommorow. Can't wait!
good luck, send me a pm or post on my wall to let me know how it works out
WTLTL 2011
Quote by IbanezPsycho

And the g string part will be in the loop...

yup, hence my and/or
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mathamology
I thought the Decimator was designed to run before the amp and in the effects loop too? Or is that just the rack version?

No, you're right. The G-String does run both before the amp and in the FX Loop. In fact it HAS to be in both otherwise it doesn't function properly.

Quote by Mark G
In front of the amp:

I'd also recommend this as a starting point for the Decimator in front of the amp. You can play around with it and move it to suit your needs. However, I wouldn't reccommend putting it anywhere but at the beginning of your FX loop otherwise it will cut out any modulation effects (ie. delay, reverb, etc.) you happen to have in your loop.
Last edited by Erkekjetter at Jan 6, 2009,
it's best to place the decimator last in the effects chain
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by Farether
it's best to place the decimator last in the effects chain

...but before time based effects.
the best way to run the Gstring, is with the guitar direct into the "guitar in", then the "guitar out" to the first pedal in your signal chain. The Gstring uses this clean guitar signal to filter noise on the fx loop using the "Dec IN" and "Dec Out" jacks. This allows you to run any pedals between the GString and amp input, so they aren't buffered by the Gstring(ie. OD that you want driving the amp input harder). It removes noise from the whole signal chain, including amp, at the fx loop.

If you don't have an FX loop, or just want to filter noise on pedals, you can run the GString with it's own loop, similar to how the NS2 works. The guitar goes to "Guitar IN", the "Guitar Out" goes to the first pedal in your chain, the last pedal output goes to the "Dec In", and the "Dec Out" goes to the amp input. This uses the same principle of using the clean guitar signal straight in, to filter noise on the pedals. This configuration won't remove any noise inherent to the amp obviously.

http://www.isptechnologies.com/DecimatorG%20Pedal%20insert.pdf
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
If you don't have an FX loop, or just want to filter noise on pedals, you can run the GString with it's own loop, similar to how the NS2 works. The guitar goes to "Guitar IN", the "Guitar Out" goes to the first pedal in your chain, the last pedal output goes to the "Dec In", and the "Dec Out" goes to the amp input. This uses the same principle of using the clean guitar signal straight in, to filter noise on the pedals. This configuration won't remove any noise inherent to the amp obviously.

http://www.isptechnologies.com/DecimatorG%20Pedal%20insert.pdf

This worked...ALMOST perfectly. My tone wasn't touched even remotely, and when I'm not playing it's absolutely silent...not even a hint of sound. However, when I DO play, you can hear the noise under the guitar. I looked up some information and something was said about how my model amp (line 6 spider watt III) tends to do this with noise reduction systems. I'm probably just going to head to guitar center tommorow and try out the pedal board with the noise reducer on a different amp and see if it makes a difference at all.

If it ends up it IS my amp, what is a good amp with a really, really good clean tone that can get loud? I love the clean sound on the line 6, might just be the fact that it's got a built-in echo on the clean but it's still really good.

Every other method mentioned in the thread didn't work at all -- sorry.
Quote by Brian 1.0
This worked...ALMOST perfectly. My tone wasn't touched even remotely, and when I'm not playing it's absolutely silent...not even a hint of sound. However, when I DO play, you can hear the noise under the guitar. I looked up some information and something was said about how my model amp (line 6 spider watt III) tends to do this with noise reduction systems. I'm probably just going to head to guitar center tommorow and try out the pedal board with the noise reducer on a different amp and see if it makes a difference at all.

If it ends up it IS my amp, what is a good amp with a really, really good clean tone that can get loud? I love the clean sound on the line 6, might just be the fact that it's got a built-in echo on the clean but it's still really good.

Every other method mentioned in the thread didn't work at all -- sorry.

ehhh I'd say fender but they aren't the best when it comes to distortion.

Maybe a b52 at112 I always liked the cleans on that thing.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel