I have a chance to purchase a beautiful red 1984 made in Japan Fender Strat? Whats the going rate on these? I never even knew fender made a jap strat. Asking price is 400. Good deal or no?
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
The tab that has been requested is now pending help us get it on by voting it

in. the tab is by dwarfcar21 thanks. this is so we can get more tabs on the

site. SO remember Goodnight Elizabeth by the "Crows" vote tab in by dwarfcar21.

Thank you..
Yes, it's a very good deal. In the 80's, Fender stopped selling MIJ strats in the US because it was killing sales for MIA strats because they were better guitars.

the 80's was the best period for MIJ strats. It'll rival any USA made strat out there.
Yeah, that's a really good deal. I'm pretty sure around then the Japanese ones were rivaling the USA made guitars in terms of quality, so much that they had to shut down the Japanese factory. Correct me if I'm wrong, which I probably am.

But yeah, do it! Also, pics?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
here's pics....

Guitars
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, that's a really good deal. I'm pretty sure around then the Japanese ones were rivaling the USA made guitars in terms of quality, so much that they had to shut down the Japanese factory. Correct me if I'm wrong, which I probably am.

But yeah, do it! Also, pics?

my american strat was 350$, so seems fair
Gear

Guitars
Ibanez ART 300
Squier Strat
Godin 12 string Antique cedarburst
Ibanez RGD 320

Amps
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Peavey Solo 15 W
Fender 10 W

Effects
Dunlop GCB - 95 Crybaby wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Boss MT-2 Distortion
Yeah, buy that right this minute or else I'm going to find out where you live and bitch slap you.

Oh, and what amp do you have? You have a lot of nice guitars, but if your amp sucks you should get a new one instead of another guitar.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I has the ****tiest amp available. Any guesses!
Guitars
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
Spide III!!! MG?
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
MG would be correct, the 15CDR.

I played my Jem on a JVM halfstack last week for over an hour (at GC) and the sound was so epic coming out if it, I just can't afford it. I'd kill for a good tube combo or soemthing.
Guitars
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
I thnk i'm agree....I have some nice guitars, but without having a good amp, its almost pointless...........I really should acquire a good tube combo before I purchase another guitar.
Guitars
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
yeah it would really be a shame to let the tonal possibilities be destructed by the MG...hit up the TUBES!
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
do an amp instead. I was expecting something more vintage looking that that japstrat, it looks pretty much like an MIM w/a pearl pickguard. I would pass.
Quote by dwarfcar21
The tab that has been requested is now pending help us get it on by voting it

in. the tab is by dwarfcar21 thanks. this is so we can get more tabs on the

site. SO remember Goodnight Elizabeth by the "Crows" vote tab in by dwarfcar21.

Thank you..

Am I the only one who thinks this is wierd?
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by shredforbread33
Am I the only one who thinks this is wierd?

It's a troll.

TS, if you can, i'd recommend getting a cheap vox valvetronix or peavey vypyr. That'll hold you over and you might be able to still afford that.
i'd totally go for the strat....i mean, i know it's an awful amp, but that's a great deal IMO
Thats nice, really nice. Just remember, it is an '84 and pictures always make it look better then it actually is in person but that looks great for an '84.

Oh and about the amp...
Guitars like this come around once in a while, its not easy trying to find a good vintage guitar, I know but buying an amp you can do whenever. If you really like it then go for it and get the guitar, I would. The amp can wait.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I picked up my 86 MiJ Tele for $350ish, so it's a good deal. That said, things like this will come and go all the time, but it'd be a shame not to play the guitars you've already got through a better amp. Perhaps just a small practise amp like a Peavey Vypyr or a small 5w valve amp if that's more your thing and you could still afford it.

The MiJ's are becoming more and more collectors items though. So it's your call.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I'd get the guitar. Normally you'd get an amp over a guitar if your amp sucks, but sometimes you get a pretty good deal coming along and you just have to bite the bullet.
^ +1

assuming it's legit, in good nick, etc. etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Looks like a nice guitar from the pics. I have to agree with the last two posters the guitar looks like it could be too good to miss. Personaly I like a nice guitar to play. As a home player I would rather have a nice guitar thats a pleasure to play and a micro cube, than have a great amp and a guitar that does not feel that good to play.