Hey, I was just wondering when I should get my next guitar. I can earn about 10 dollars a week, and the guitar I want is $200. The thing is, I also want to get the Angus Young signature humbucker, which is about $140. Thats 34 weeks, and the pickup might be discontinued by then. So when do you guys think I should start saving for my next guitar?
Get a job?

Edit; you're only 13/14. Go do yard work or something?
Last edited by HandsomeFrank at Jan 5, 2009,
The tab that has been requested is now pending help us get it on by voting it

in. the tab is by dwarfcar21 thanks. this is so we can get more tabs on the

site. SO remember Goodnight Elizabeth by the "Crows" vote tab in by dwarfcar21.

Thank you..
I agree, get a job.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Quote by dwarfcar21
The tab that has been requested is now pending help us get it on by voting it

in. the tab is by dwarfcar21 thanks. this is so we can get more tabs on the

site. SO remember Goodnight Elizabeth by the "Crows" vote tab in by dwarfcar21.

Thank you..

does this have anything to do with his problem??
Gear

Guitars
Ibanez ART 300
Squier Strat
Godin 12 string Antique cedarburst
Ibanez RGD 320

Amps
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Peavey Solo 15 W
Fender 10 W

Effects
Dunlop GCB - 95 Crybaby wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Boss MT-2 Distortion
your not gonna put a 140 dollar pickup in a 200 dollar guitar are you? that doesnt make sense to me
Quote by metlhed23
your not gonna put a 140 dollar pickup in a 200 dollar guitar are you? that doesnt make sense to me

Its a nice guitar for the money, and the next lowest priced SG shaped guitar is $1700, which is sort of out of my price range.

Also, instead of talking about how to get money, lets just talk about when I should start saving using the money I'm getting.
Quote by Wedgehead
Its a nice guitar for the money, and the next lowest priced SG shaped guitar is $1700, which is sort of out of my price range.

Also, instead of talking about how to get money, lets just talk about when I should start saving using the money I'm getting.

How about right away?
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
http://www.dv247.com/invt/froogle/46960/

SorteD!, Im sorry all i know is metal.. But i would love this if i was in your position, its kinda an SG!!

Edit: But quite rite, as the others have said. Get a job : D you will get there sooner or later and you will have a guitar you worked for, it will feel good.
Gear:

Charvel So-Cal Style 1 HH
Jackson Pro Series RR24M
Dean Dave Mustaine Signature VMNT

JCM 2000 TSL 100
Last edited by Spitty33 at Jan 5, 2009,
With all due respect, at $10/week you need to get on it now. Quit buying anything else unless its necessary, find ways to add to that $10/week and if you are dead set on getting the pickup, then buy that first so you don't have to worry about it. Perhaps you get a family member or friend to buy it for you now. Give them all the money you have saved to show them you're serious and commit to giving them $10/week until its paid back?
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
Ok, it sounds like I should start working on it now. Whats the usual Amount of time something like the Angus Young pickup will last before it is discontinued?
I don't get this thread at all. When should you start saving for something you want? Right now??!?!?!
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
I don't get this thread at all. When should you start saving for something you want? Right now??!?!?!

I concur
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Quote by Wedgehead
Ok, it sounds like I should start working on it now. Whats the usual Amount of time something like the Angus Young pickup will last before it is discontinued?

Um, it shouldn't be by the time you want it. And if it is, it'll go on clearance too. When's your birthday?
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.