Where exactly are the keys located on the guitar? Like what frets for each key? I realize it would be easier to use note names, but since I don't know any notes, I figured this could be the next could thing. One more question, besides scales, which I am already trying to practice, what are some other good warmups.
Last edited by SecretAgentS at Jan 5, 2009,
the same fret could be in several keys

EDIT re read the question, when i have trouble making sure I'm in the right key, i use tuxguitar, because it will display any scale on the fretboard. there are a lot of websites that do the same, i think chordie.com still does
You can't understand keys without understanding notes first...keys aren't located in a single place, they tell you all the notes in a scale. If I was you I'd learn some basic theory before worrying about key sigs....
right, its not that simple unfortunatley. the C major scale contains the notes C D E F G A B C - these are the notes in the key C major. This applies to any other major or minor key. however it gets more complicated say if the song used the notes G and D and A. you could say hey, thats in C major, but its actually in G (as G is the main chord and not e you would use to resolve the song)
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.