direct mounted dimarzio Fred in the neck and undecided bridge pickup
He wants 27 frets, but i am going to convince him otherwise
25'' scale length
gotoh 16:1 tuners
one volume one tone, 3 way selector switch
all sorts of my favorite carves
bolt on neck w/ AANJ

the 8/4 wood for he body has the most extreme damn curl ive ever freakin' seen
the neck has medium curl, but its still quite noticeable. the whole guitar is made out of soft maple to help with the weight, however the neck will be 3 pieces of quartersawn maple, and 2 pieces of quartersawn bloodwood, all with the middle pieces flipped, so im thinkin its going to be nice and tough.

this will take priority over my two stock guitars i have going, the sapele telecaster and the walnut RG, so this one will probably be done by next week or so, shooting for next friday if the parts order goes swiftly.

pics once i prepare the stock
this guitar will sell for $900~
im workin' too cheap damnit.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by Øttər
I can't wait to this one man!

Pictures or GTFO.

+ Infinite, I always love seeing LP's work.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I feel kind of like a stalker.

My replies to everything he does are really speedy and enthusiastic...

My bad Kyle, I'll stop.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
lol stalkers. BTW Kyle, find a box for that sapele yet?

Anyway, PICS!!!!!!
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
ihave27frets has 27 frets

Nice wood! Can I touch it?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by LP Addict

LP Addict that is some sexy maple grain.
May i ask what you payed for such a thing?
wow! that wood is gettin me all hot and bothered errrr uhh, i mean, I cant wait to see this thing progress. It better not get pained over.
900?!?!? Wow that's cheap. For the quality of your instruments, you could charge 1200 easily.

when u set a price do u ever like barter for it or do u set the price (or do they)
cause i think a more experienced luthier than i would say taht $900 is chump change for a build of the stature i have seen from u before.
wood looks great though
how much did that chunk o maple cost you?
Quote by LP Addict

this guitar will sell for $900~
im workin' too cheap damnit.

Thats ridiculous, you may as well just give it away.
well in today's US economy, if i sell guitars for under 1,000, i will keep a steady business, and 1,000 dollars a week is a **** load of money to a teenager, that enables me to not have to have a ****ty job and all. the 8/4 maple was 35 dollars, the 4/4 for the neck (i bought a 17 foot long piece of it by 7'' wide) was 27 dollars.
I wish i could find a lumber yard around me... everyone always finds such great deals... so if i don't find one soon ill be PMin you LP
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
How many hours do you put into each build?
It might be interesting to figure out your hourly wage.

Of course, it could be depressing as well, trust me.
Epiphone Valve Junior
Peavy Windsor Head
Ampeg J-12T
1959 Harmony H400A
Randall Pro-Tube 2000

Gibson Faded Special SG
Homemade superstrat with EMG 81
Peavy Tracer
Washburn XB600 6-string bass
Enough pedals to crush a rhino
its about 12 an hour depending on how hard i work, my first two guitar sold for 700, these four im making this month will sell for 900-1000.

i just got a boner after planing this, im sure you all will too :
that neck is awesome. and no matter what your hourly wage is at least your not working at Staples like i am
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
I can see why.

That is a really nice fingerboard!

Hey LP, are you too busy to sell me stuff? I want to know whether or not I should hold off on e-mailing you.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Ok man.

If it's too busy I can get all my stuff from Phil.

If not, I'll e-mail you the order info soon.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
That first shot you have of the body gluing up is craaaazy. I didn't quite see why you thought that stock had such nice figuring from your first pic, I thought it was great, but not mind blowing. But then I saw that shot of it being glued up, and well.........

.....holy crap.
Beautiful wood you have there! I'm excited to see how this progresses.

Sorry I haven't been on much in the past few months. I missed out on a lot, I gather. I've been hustling to make money doing repairs and setups, and not building anything. Coming back here to see you guys working is motivating me to find the time.

If you're cranking out a guitar a week at that price and you don't have to pay for hardware... hell, you can't complain. Just be sure you feel you're getting paid enough for your time.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Page 1 of 3