Hello,

Today my Father put up my guitar hanger for me after hounding him. I put my guitar in the hanger and looked at it. It was coverd in sweat and dust. Its easly seen since its all black. Now what im wondering is. What is a good way to clean sweat off a guitar with house hold items. Since its 8:30 and i can't go get some guitar polish or anything. I can clean the dust around the puckups and headstock with a Q-tip. But I would like my guitar to look nice on the wall. Since its next to another guitar that looks like new.

All I want is the sweat and smuges off.

Q: How do you get a guitar player to play softer?
A: Give him some printed music
On my guitars except for my strat I use alcohol swabs.

On my strat I use the cleaning cloth that came with my iPod.

Something microfiber-y should do the trick fine.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Just wait until you can buy some polish... Like, you know, tomorrow.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Well I have a Jim Dunlop cleaning rag but it doesn't do much. Or nothing at all. It's like caked on...about a years worth of sweat.
Quote by King of King V
Well I have a Jim Dunlop cleaning rag but it doesn't do much. Or nothing at all. It's like caked on...about a years worth of sweat.

Put it in the washing machine

Seriously, I do it to my aforementioned cleaning cloth. It still works well.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Ok. I have that...would a baby wipe or clorox wipe work also. Or wetting a cloth.....Just trying to get more ideas.
I use a cloth made for cleaning glasses to clean my Jackson and it works pretty good...
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
hydrogen peroxide is very corrosive to metals, so be careful if you're brave enough to try that... I would think it's none too pleasant on painted surfaces either.

Just go to the store tomorrow and buy a proper polish...
The Peroxide wouldn't HARM the finish, poly is pretty damn strong stuff, especially catalyzed poly... but it would harm metal (in other words, bridge/pots/possibly knobs/pickup magnet or polepieces).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Jan 5, 2009,