I got a Schecter Omen 6 FR a few weeks ago but today I noticed that the sticker on the back on the headstock said Made in China. I thought Schecters were made in Korea. I also remember the person at the sore telling me it was assembled in Korea with parts made in USA.

Was the person at the store wrong or did I get ripped off with a crappy pile of ****?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I know that the Diamond Series (possibley all) Shecters are made/assembled in Korea.

Got any pictures of it?
There might be some geek out there who can tell you if it's genuine or not.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
I think the factory is located in Incheon, South Korea...but this was a few years ago. I do know for sure that Schecter assembles the pieces in the USA and then ships them around the world...

Thats all I have. Serial number on the back of the headstock is 0620714. I threw the made in china sticker in the bin a while ago so its not on there.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
It certainly looks like a Schecter, have you got any idea what model it is? Or what year it was made?
It looks like a C1-FR, but it hasn't got the binding.

That's all I can see to indicate to me that it might not be genuine...
But then again, it might be an older model I'm not familiar with.

EDIT - I just noticed this while scrolling up;

The 8th and 9th frets are a different colour to the rest.

And to clear up where stuff is made, I checked the FAQ on the Schecter site;

Q: Where are Schecter guitars and basses made?
A: Our Diamond Series guitars and basses are manufactured in South Korea (unless otherwise specified on the guitar), and every one of them is 100% set up in the USA, in our Burbank, CA facility. Our Custom Shop guitars and basses are 100% handmade here in Burbank.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Jan 5, 2009,
I have seen, bought, owned and played several Schecters that were marked made in China. I doubt all are made in Korea these days.
Quote by random_B-RAD
Was the person at the store wrong or did I get ripped off with a crappy pile of ****?

You thought the guitar was just fine before you saw the “Made In China” sticker. Has it occurred to you that you’re just getting on an anti-China bandwagon even though the Chinese have been producing good guitars for over a decade?
I'd imagine korea is reserved for higher end diamond series schecters. Since its the new japan or whatever lol...
Its pretty up to date, the omen series usually have schecter on the pickups too.

Its a genuine schecter. Don't worry.
IMHO the Chinese made guitars are just as good these days as the ones made in Korea and Japan. I have at least a dozen guitar here that prove it.

John
the 2010 ESP LTD 300 series and maybe below models are also now labeled China.

what year is your Schecter? maybe the 2010 models from LTD/Schecter is from china now

i would suspect a schecter omen is the budget/entry level of schecter so thats probably why its china made
Schecter switched plants for their lower end models like the omens and Damians. anthying that has those 2 words in the name were made in China, everything higher's made in SK, my friend just recently got a Schecter C-1 standard, the 2010 model, and its got Made In South Korea on it.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Vendetta V
ahh i guess i can remember a Diamond 006 deluxe coming to me for a repair.. itwas maid in china... had it stamped on the headstock.. or was it a sticker...

ah, also the 006's. forgot about them. never really liked the bodies anyway.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Vendetta V
^^ yeah the body is a bit weird but sounded pretty cool. i guess it had filed frets for low action..... whats that called??

umm, either that was a mod or something cause, that would be the case for medium frets, and as far as I know, most Schecter models (includinng that model and lower end models) use jumbo or XL jumbo
Quote by pedromiles101
nah im sure it wasnt Jumbo or XJ.. hmmm may be jumbo ok... still it was all stock
also i remember reading this post here a few weeks ago. the dude bought a damien model and said the frets were like filed not worn but filed... all level or something.. also said he ordered the See MBK (the solid mirrorish black) model and it was dark red.... mmm i guess they did the filed frets (tho they didnt crown it after wards i guess) on purpose... for low action... and i'm pretty much liking the idea of getting it stock... but the see thru thing got me a wondering.. i am planning to buy the damien elite FR (2010 model) and i was leaning to the MBK side... now it looks black in GC's site and whatnot but they've got it red in their site when you click MBK... anybody got any reference?
Omen belongs to the budget range so it's not so weird they are being manufactured in China to keep the cost down. Also they have to do that to be able to keep up with the market demand. Schecter factory in Korea can only produce so many guitars at a time.

Quote by random_B-RAD
I also remember the person at the sore telling me it was assembled in Korea with parts made in USA.

I think he mean the other way around. Parts made in Korea then assembled in the US to keep the shipping handling down.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

The Korean ones are printed "made in south Korea"

The chinese ones would probably have a sticker because they are cheap. I would not buy the Chinese ones.