I know this is probably the wrong place to ask about getting faster but do you guys know of any exercises that make you faster, quicker, or building your core muscles?
I dunno.

Run?

Bodybuilding thread?

Google?

All reasonable answers.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
You want to work fast twitch muscles. Go to the official bodybuilding thread.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
run on a treadmill, work on lung capacity, get your lung strength and endurance up
[IMG]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/chw42/spiderjamesPJsig.png[/IMG]
Running long distances is the best way to become quicker. Doing weight training type exercises will just build bulky muscle, which slows you down.
Secks?
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
we can rebuild you. make you stronger, faster......
Quote by yo_peh
i love you!
have cookie

Quote by RocksAwakening5
^^^ So much win, omg.
Squats and leg presses to actually build the muscle, running and other leg-related activities to develop them and improve technique
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by lzcougarz3
You get faster by running fast.

Do squats, leg press, and calf exercises. Cardio won't make you faster, it just burns calories and strengthens your lungs.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Wrong place to be asking probably, but luckily I know the answer

There are various stretches you can do first of all, I could spend all day describing them but it's best if you look on the internet and get diagrams etc to see for yourself. You want stretches that strengthen your hamstrings and calves mainly.

Aside from stretching, running is good for strengthening legs. Anything from light jogging to sprinting, do whatever your current fitness allows.

Cycling is also an excellent way to build hamstring muscles, probably the best to way to be honest.
My legs are damn tree trunks after a few years of skateboarding and then parkour. Not that this info really helps you. Do plyometrics or something.
Quote by tazlok
Running long distances is the best way to become quicker. Doing weight training type exercises will just build bulky muscle, which slows you down.

So not true. My speed increased A LOT as soon as I started doing heavy squats. Working your fast-twitch muscle fibers (muscles fibers that are used in sprinting, jumping, anything that requires fast contractions) will improve speed. But yea, go to the BB/General Nutrition thread for more thorough advice.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Last edited by ACG at Jan 5, 2009,
^Plyometrics, lifting, sprinting. This is what I do every week for track. Plyometrics like high knees, buttkicks, bounds, box jumps, etc will work. Squats, lunges, etc for lifting. Sprinting can be anywhere from 1-10 reps of 50-400 meters. Go to a track.
leg strength != speed.

what exactly are you looking for? only strength?

pure leg strength is built by moving heavy weights with your legs.
Quote by msuspartan

Do squats, leg press, and calf exercises. Cardio won't make you faster, it just burns calories and strengthens your lungs.

I take the facepalm as you thinking otherwise? Tell me, what do sprints do? Works your legs as hard as they can, right? Sure, lifting weights can greatly benefit, but you're clearly a dumbass if you don't think running will help you... run better.
I started cycling hxc about a month ago and my legs and calves dont even hurt at all anymore, not even going uphill.

It's also good for long term cardio
I usually fap with my legs, so they're a helluva lot stronger than my arms.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Quote by tazlok

This!! when I was full on working out for Footy (Rugby League) I was doing 220kg+I had 2 people (about 60kg each) sitting on top of the weights & I was lifting it on the Leg Press & no I'm not bull****ing! ask anyone I used to train with! but the down side to that leg strength was a lack of speed ('bout 19seconds over 100metres) also I don't recommend lifting that kind of weight even if you can, (I'm 18 & my knees are already ****ed!)
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
i play a lot a soccer that's a good way to build up leg strength but if you don't like soccer just go running at the beach that really helps.
Quote by Scruff17
Kiss a guy and tell her it means nothing to you. Then die a little inside knowing that it did.

Flippin Tables
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PSN: Chuche_02
Quote by gunners fan
This!! when I was full on working out for Footy (Rugby League) I was doing 220kg+I had 2 people (about 60kg each) sitting on top of the weights & I was lifting it on the Leg Press & no I'm not bull****ing! ask anyone I used to train with! but the down side to that leg strength was a lack of speed ('bout 19seconds over 100metres) also I don't recommend lifting that kind of weight even if you can, (I'm 18 & my knees are already ****ed!)

wow, fella you are sacrificing so much speed for nothing
Quote by hippotato7
wow, fella you are sacrificing so much speed for nothing

Umm, leg drive? I decided I was never goin to be fast so I just wanted to make sure I could ****ing hammer as many people as possible to make up for it! Anyway long story short, I don't think there was another player in the area that wasn't scared ****less of me so it worked!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Sprinting
I'm a (reasonably ok I guess) 100m sprinter, my legs are pretty strong from that lol.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
run... and run. when that little pain hits you... keep running
"Recycling and speed limits are bullshit...They're like someone who quits smoking on his deathbed."
Twitch muscles and stuff... you know.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
skateboarding.

fast, easy and fun.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Learn to play drums and get some double kicks?
Gear!:

Epiphone G400
Marshall JCM 800 4211 Combo
Karmer Forum III
Schecter Stiletto Deluxe 5
Holden Graphic something bass amp? (eh it's 300 watts!)
Some sort of 1x15 cab.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Become black, go to Africa, have hippos chase you...

Please Continue
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Take up rowing!
either on a machine, or actually on the water.
It's REALLY good for your legs, and builds up core stability as well. =)
[HannahHorror]
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Become black, go to Africa, have hippos chase you...

Are you implying that you have to be black to go to africa?

Or that hippos have some sort of white supremacist agenda, and will only chase black people?
running on the beach is good for your legs, we used to do it when i did karate. that is if you live near a beach. if not your gonna need to buy lots and lots of sand...
Quote by shoolocomous
Are you implying that you have to be black to go to africa?

Or that hippos have some sort of white supremacist agenda, and will only chase black people?

This guy seems pretty fast: