Alright so I havn't really cleaned my guitar besides getting rid of the dust and smudges, and recently i've noticed that some parts of the back of the neck are sticky, and i can't slide as well with power chords (thumb on back of neck). What should i use to fix this? I've used polish to get rid of dust/smudges but i believe this may have been the cause of the stickiness, suggestions would be good.

also on certain frets when i do hammer-ons or pulloffs it makes other strings ring even though i didnt touch them, does this have something to do with the action or the frets?
With the other strings ringing out, you need to mute the adjacent strings, usually with your index finger just touching the strings next to the one you are playing on. Just lay your index finger out flat a bit more.
It is to do with technique.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
With the other strings ringing out, you need to mute the adjacent strings, usually with your index finger just touching the strings next to the one you are playing on. Just lay your index finger out flat a bit more.
It is to do with technique.

well i do that when strumming etc, so i should lay my index finger out even when im doing say slides? like when i slide from the 5th to 7th fret on the G string the D string rings even though ive made completely sure i didnt touch it at all.
Don't lay it out completely flat but use your index finger to touch higher (thinner) strings while using the meat/palm of your picking hand to mute lower strings.

That is what i would do if notes were ringing out though to be honest I don't have the same problem of other notes ringing out from slides or hammer ons. It might just be that you need to use more of the tip of your finger to fret the note rather than the underside, or it might be that you just are hitting the other string with your pick.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
you could do what ive told other people and what i use myself and thats a microfiber towel, you can usually get them at local autoshops, uh..walmart in the automotive section. The microfiber towels do great on removing dirt and oils, its why autodetailers use them to fine detail high end automobiles like lamborgini, ferrari, and such. Trust me it works and no need for any kind of cleaning solution.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by Deep*Kick
Don't lay it out completely flat but use your index finger to touch higher (thinner) strings while using the meat/palm of your picking hand to mute lower strings.

That is what i would do if notes were ringing out though to be honest I don't have the same problem of other notes ringing out from slides or hammer ons. It might just be that you need to use more of the tip of your finger to fret the note rather than the underside, or it might be that you just are hitting the other string with your pick.

Oh i thought you meant lower strings with your index, not higher. yeah my problem is lower strings ringing 99% of the time, i've got to learn how to use my palm to mute the lower strings then, how do i position my hand when doing that? currently i have my hand lightly touching the strings after the bridge, (i was tols this is not anchoring, but still not a great habit)