Anyone have this guitar? Its supposed to be a 24 fret version of the SE Custom and has a tremolo. I saw it in either a Musician's Friend or Guitar Center catalog a few weeks ago, but the stores don't seem to have it yet. Would love to find out more info. Seems to be priced at about $649
i strongly suggest you wait till they start stocking them in-stores. i've been wanting one since they started taking pre-orders but the thing about the SE series guitars is that they are a hit and miss. i've played alot of SE Custom 22's and i found that half of them were terrible(probably not set up?) and the other half were REALLY, REALLY great guitars.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Ya I tried one of the SE custom 22's and it was absolutely horrible, and I walked into the store thinking I was going to get it. I even tried the cradle of filth prs and that wasn't good either. So I would suggest trying the 24 before ordering it. I ended up getting an ibanez s520 for the same price. Best choice I ever made
Gear:

Esp Ltd DJ-600
Ibanez S520EX
Parker P 44 Pro
Traynor YCS100 Head
Traynor YCS412 cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD20
Boss GE-21
Ibanez TS7
EH Soul Preacher
BBE Sonix Maximizer 462 rack
What was wrong with it? I guess I don't have enough experience to know if a guitar is good or not except if it is in tune or not.
Even without too much experience you can tell if a guitar is not a good one. Things to check are the condition of the guitar (paintwork, is the neck straight, any dents etc). Then play it and see if the playing action is OK and also listen to the sound of it. You should find the guitar easy to play and it should sound OK as well with no fret buzz or another interference type sounds etc. If you keep having to fiddle with it then it probably is either not the guitar for you or not a good example of that type of guitar.

I bought my MIM strat when I had only been playing a few months and could tell straight away it was a good guitar as it had a really nice playing action and sounded good too. I now know more about guitars but I was OK then and you will be as well. I did feel a bit daft testing it out in the shop playing a few open chords badly. I even turned the AMP down after a bit.

Good luck

Right now I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus. I guess its a decent guitar. My problem is I am starting to experiment with stuff that is way down tuned like drop D and then 2 steps down.I think I already threw the neck by changing tuning so often. I want to get another guitar to downtune and leave the other one standard.

I have this guitar, except im across the pond.
It does indeed have 24 frets. Some places i've seen it advertised as limited edition, i dont know much about that.
I personally think it's wonderful. You would be best off waiting until your local store has one in stock.
Quote by Psychedelic3

I have this guitar, except im across the pond.
It does indeed have 24 frets. Some places i've seen it advertised as limited edition, i dont know much about that.
I personally think it's wonderful. You would be best off waiting until your local store has one in stock.

beautiful
is that the whale blue finish?
did you buy it online or did you get it locally?
how is the neck pickup positioning? is it as warm as the SE Custom 22's pickup?
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by SomebodySomeone
beautiful
is that the whale blue finish?
did you buy it online or did you get it locally?
how is the neck pickup positioning? is it as warm as the SE Custom 22's pickup?

Thanks and yes it is blue.
I got it locally and got a good deal .
I tried the 22 first, loved that whole sound, then saw the 24 which i thought is a bit more versitile. I dont usually solo up that high but i can now.
Neck pickup is just as warm imo.
ive played one, i dont quite like the PRS heel makes it hard to get to those lower frets but that mite just be my hands, i think its a nice guitar, alot of the SE ranger is good i got myself an SE singlecut and its actually nice.

GOLDEN RULE: always try before you buy
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
I might hold out until guitar center gets one I can put my hands on. They only have the SE Custom 22 and the higher end ones now.
Do any stores have these?
Ihor

<current gear>
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
PRS SE Custom 22
Washburn D10SK Acoustic
Peavey XXX Super 40
Boss NS-2, TU-2, MT-2, DS-1, SD-1
i don't like the cheap-O prs range because of the flatness of the bodys...
it looks weird when it's not supposed to be flat, but it is...
I noticed that too but I'm still a beginner and can't justify purchasing one of the higher end models.
Ihor

<current gear>
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
PRS SE Custom 22
Washburn D10SK Acoustic
Peavey XXX Super 40
Boss NS-2, TU-2, MT-2, DS-1, SD-1