The most famous paintjob recurred to in UG when modding a guitar is the Frankenstrat theme... Ive seen so many recently why not join them all together on a massive Frankenstrat thread? It would be awsome to collect all the guitars with an EVH style paintjob!

Dont know if youll like the Idea.

Just to add for the first post, My guitar, left one of course!:

Cheers and Peace

and
Yeah div, you're a cool guy and all... but we have a customizing gallery.

I'm not going to be the one to report this, but just so oyu know, someone might.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
Yeah div, you're a cool guy and all... but we have a customizing gallery.

I'm not going to be the one to report this, but just so oyu know, someone might.

Hah, yes I know, but not a frankenstrat, and there are so much here on UG THEY CANT BE IGNORREED. They are another level, another whole different world you see, there are three guitar worlds:

Stock Guitar World
Custom Guitar World
Frankenstrat
Quote by divinorum69
Hah, yes I know, but not a frankenstrat, and there are so much here on UG THEY CANT BE IGNORREED. They are another level, another whole different world you see, there are three guitar worlds:

Stock Guitar World
Custom Guitar World
Frankenstrat

Quote by divinorum69

Stock Guitar World
Custom Guitar World
Frankenstrat

^ lawl

Leave it to the guy from Argentina to think of crazy things like that

I have a friend just like you, Divinorum.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
So is this thread good to go, then? I don't see anything wrong with it, we have an "ultimate pedal building thread" and an ultimate wah customizing thread"
My little sister (age 8) built a Frankenstrat P-bass with a little help.
Pics when I get them.
Epiphone Valve Junior
Peavy Windsor Head
Ampeg J-12T
1959 Harmony H400A
Randall Pro-Tube 2000

Gibson Faded Special SG
Homemade superstrat with EMG 81
Peavy Tracer
Washburn XB600 6-string bass
Enough pedals to crush a rhino
Quote by SVStee
So is this thread good to go, then? I don't see anything wrong with it, we have an "ultimate pedal building thread" and an ultimate wah customizing thread"
My little sister (age 8) built a Frankenstrat P-bass with a little help.
Pics when I get them.

Your sister is bad ass I can't wait to see the pics.
Heres mine. He's currently out of commission though The cheap ass floyd broke on it. I sent it back to china (bought it off of some stupid chinaman) and it hasnt come back yet! And its been months!

Quote by Pac_man0123
^Replace that behringer! For shame, running a frank through one of those...

Plus, if the "cheap ass" FR broke... why send it back to where it came from for a repair lol

That behringer F-ing rocks, you don't even know! Everyone thinks O its gonna sound like **** cause its a behringer, but when i plug it in and play it amazes them! You just need to know how to tweak it. It probably has the best brown sound out of all solid state amps in its class. And I've played alot of them.

I have a Peavey Windsor stack now though.

and I sent it back cause I'm a cheap dutchman and I want something out of my money. I'll prrobably get a better one for it anyways but at least I can use this "cheap ass" one for something else.
Last edited by aceshigh16 at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by aceshigh16
That behringer F-ing rocks, you don't even know! Everyone thinks O its gonna sound like **** cause its a behringer, but when i plug it in and play it amazes them! You just need to know how to tweak it. It probably has the best brown sound out of all solid state amps in its class. And I've played alot of them.

I have a Peavey Windsor stack now though.

and I sent it back cause I'm a cheap dutchman and I want something out of my money. I'll prrobably get a better one for it anyways but at least I can use this "cheap ass" one for something else.

Behringer does get a bad rep sometimes...they're amps aren't terrible and some of their stomp boxes sound good (identical to the BOSS ones they're modeled after...at less than half the price if you use ebay). The Windsor is a kick ass amp as well, I love mine
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jan 10, 2009,
Alright, Here come the pics!

Keep in mind, 90% of the work was done by my sister. We did this project over the course of a few months, spending about 30$. She started a few months before her eighth birthday. She did all the sanding, taping, made all the choices for the build, did all the soldering, (learned to read wiring diagrams!) and pretty much did the whole thing herself.

She wanted to learn to play bass, but the only bass I had was a washburn 24 fret 6-string, way to big for her, she couldn't reach past the 7th fret.
Epiphone Valve Junior
Peavy Windsor Head
Ampeg J-12T
1959 Harmony H400A
Randall Pro-Tube 2000

Gibson Faded Special SG
Homemade superstrat with EMG 81
Peavy Tracer
Washburn XB600 6-string bass
Enough pedals to crush a rhino
Doesn't everyone and their grandmother have one of these things nowadays?
They've totally lost their originality and only a few are really worthy of the Frankenstrat name.
I want to try making one, one day. I want to get a cheap guitar but still have it sound good.

This was a jay turser strat that I got from my friend for 20 bucks and I turned it into the franky it is today. This is an old pic, i slapped a floyd rose on there and a "vintage extra hot" pickup from gfs and now I get some pretty good brown sound from it.
Last edited by pk1802 at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by pk1802
[This was a jay turser strat that I got from my friend for 20 bucks and I turned it into the franky it is today. This is an old pic, i slapped a floyd rose on there and a "extra vintage hot" pickup from gfs and now I get some pretty good brown sound from it.

It looks very very very good
Quote by guitarcam123
thats it, im building a frankie!

Anyone got any spare parts or wood?

Seriously, check ebay. I seen an SX strat go for $30 yesterday...had the maple neck so all you would really need is a floyd and humbucker to get a decent replica.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
Here's a couple pics of mine now that it's finally finished.

i demand a maple neck right now, it will look amazing
im buying the wood today . they couldnt get in ash in the right size so im gettin basswood. o well. ill never know the diference!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
To all the frankenstrat fans out there, EVH (fender) now makes a frankenstrat pickup to get closer to the brown sound. cheers!

(^ the end of the world)
Quote by barronobeefdip
Am i the only one whos got the original black and white colour?

Nice job! I haven't seen too many white/black or yellow black ones. I'm getting ready to do one of each within the next couple of months...I've managed to round up a few parts here and there...just haven't had the time...too busy working
not bagging on you guys or anything, i love the frankie style, but don't you think its over done?

almost every guy and his dog has frankie these days...
Quote by SVStee
Alright, Here come the pics!

Keep in mind, 90% of the work was done by my sister. We did this project over the course of a few months, spending about 30$. She started a few months before her eighth birthday. She did all the sanding, taping, made all the choices for the build, did all the soldering, (learned to read wiring diagrams!) and pretty much did the whole thing herself.

She wanted to learn to play bass, but the only bass I had was a washburn 24 fret 6-string, way to big for her, she couldn't reach past the 7th fret.

Can I adopt her?
Quote by eyebanez333
Nice job! I haven't seen too many white/black or yellow black ones. I'm getting ready to do one of each within the next couple of months...I've managed to round up a few parts here and there...just haven't had the time...too busy working

we were in the process of making one of the yellow ones, got the body sprayed and stuff ran out of parts though and haven't had chance to order neck or a floyd yet.
Quote by barronobeefdip
we were in the process of making one of the yellow ones, got the body sprayed and stuff ran out of parts though and haven't had chance to order neck or a floyd yet.

I need to get started...I have most of the parts. I'm also getting ready to build a tele from scratch. I just had to upgrade my bass rig because my current band is getting ready to start gigging so between that and upgrading my pedalboard setup I have no money left Be sure to put pics up here or in the Frankenstrat group when you get it done!