Page 1 of 2
Yeah so since I started working, I've gotten a lot lazier... Somehow.

I sleep a lot more, like an unhealthy amount of hours. I'd say maybe 12+.

I don't eat as much, but when I do it's total crap.

So I started sleeping a little less, dropped it down to ten at the most, and started exercising a little more but I swear I never have any energy.

And I'm gonna start taking some classes again at the end of the month and at this rate, I'll likely crash and burn and just drop my classes.

What can I do?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
What kind of job do you have?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Take a pilates class...
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Fuck shit up.

I had that job. It really takes it out of you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Red Bull....and vodka!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by Jackal58
What kind of job do you have?

I work in a movie theater. Shifts are long and tiring as it's a hell of a lot of running around during the busy times. When its not busy, it's a lot of just standing around and talking.
But the summer before hand I had no job and only took one class at community college so that started my bad sleep habits.

Oh yeah, I also can't eat better at all, despite how hard I try.
I try to buy better foods but I suck at cooking so the best improvement I've made was buying more fruit and eating less burgers.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Quote by angusfan16
Play Fallout 3.

exactly, and you're not getting lazy you're getting tired.

it's normal i guess. if you're worried about school there's nothing i can tell you.
"The Mad Scientist"

Quote by Fuzzbox91
for someone with a madness avatar (ok ill admit mdness interactive was cool for its time), youre seem to have the right idea.

"Reaching for, the gun, to load and persuade you, to stay..."
I don't eat as much, but when I do it's total crap.

I wonder what the problem could be?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Since I got the job I have I've gotten a lot ****ing lazier....to remedy this I try to go out as much as I can possibly can....to the point that I drink every ****ing day...I have a full job and it's not a regular one either....I work at a data center and they ****ing push me around all day.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it appears you're suffering some form of cabin fever...different though since you do have a life outside your room.

The weird thing is that it appears to happen to everybody somehow. A friend of mine got bitter and bitter since he got the job he had. So I guess going out and living life a little more may help. This is my suggestion...
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
I had the same problem, I ended up with a ridiculous caffeine addiction. Currently my body clock lets me get exactly 3 hours and 37 minutes of sleep per 24 hours
ohai little sig.
Quote by strat0blaster
I wonder what the problem could be?

Yeah and like I said, I've tried to eat out less and buy more fruit, but that's the best I can do considering I can't cook and spend most my time either sleeping or rushing around at work with only a 45 minute break between whiles.

I dunno what else I can do.

Although I'm sure there's an obvious answer that will provoke a giant facepalm.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

See a doctor, get a diet program thing, then try to find the motivation to actually go through with it.
Even if your eating habits aren't THAT bad perhaps the doctor can help you out.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by x_thurston_x
I work in a movie theater. Shifts are long and tiring as it's a hell of a lot of running around during the busy times. When its not busy, it's a lot of just standing around and talking.
But the summer before hand I had no job and only took one class at community college so that started my bad sleep habits.

Oh yeah, I also can't eat better at all, despite how hard I try.
I try to buy better foods but I suck at cooking so the best improvement I've made was buying more fruit and eating less burgers.

Best bet is to start working on your sleep habits. Trust me nothing exciting is going to happen if you get some sleep. And if it does you'll be able to catch it 400 times on CNN the next day.
I have 2 kids that think sleep is evil. Their friends think sleep is evil. Sleep may be evil but it is a necessary one.
On that note I'm going home and going to get some evil sleep. C'ya.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
i think they call that depression
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Quote by x_thurston_x
Yeah and like I said, I've tried to eat out less and buy more fruit, but that's the best I can do considering I can't cook and spend most my time either sleeping or rushing around at work with only a 45 minute break between whiles.

I dunno what else I can do.

Although I'm sure there's an obvious answer that will provoke a giant facepalm.

You mean to tell me you can't take 10 minutes at the end of the day to go to the store and buy some wheat bread and turkey, then spend another three in the morning before work making a sandwich or two to take with you for lunch?

I have a really hard time believing the following -

A) You can't make a sandwich

and

B) That you don't have enough time to make a sandwich.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Well we cant make you do anything, we can give you advice but you gotta listen and actually do it, if you dont take action then dont whine on how your lazy. we cant make you eat better, get better sleeping habits, you gotta do this **** yourself.

Eat less crap food, I have and i have more energy and i everything. within a week a guarentee you will have more energy, eat a good big breakfest (cereal, some fruit stuff like that) that will give you energy for the day so you dont have to stuff your face with all sorts of **** constantly. As for your sleeping habits, set an alarm clock. that should help you with your sleeping problem.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
You should work something out with your bad sleeping habit probably. Sleeping many hours doesn't necessarily fill your battaries more. Actually it could as well make you more tired.

I read a book once about sleeping and stuff and actually some people who work on ships sleep for like 6 hours a day and manage to do all the tough job a ship has. You should focus on the quality of the sleep you're getting.

Some ways of doing this is to see more light (cause it prevents your organism to produce melatonine, which is a kind of relaxing thing and can really make you sleepy during day-time).

Another thing you can try is to schedule your sleep. Go to bed at a certain time and wake up at a certain time. The time you wake up makes a big difference. Actually if you wake up 15 minutes later or earlier than the time you usually wake up you may feel less tired. It's because of the phases of sleep and the deepness of each one of them. A whole cycle of sleep takes about 1,5 to 2 hours. At the end of a cycle (and so, the beggining of the next cycle) the deepness of the sleep is much lighter, so waking up at this phase will acutally be easier.

Hope this helped ya
If you get yourself into the habit of working out, it becomes so easy. You'll actually get a rush from it and you'll enjoy doing it after a while.
Quote by strat0blaster
You mean to tell me you can't take 10 minutes at the end of the day to go to the store and buy some wheat bread and turkey, then spend another three in the morning before work making a sandwich or two to take with you for lunch?

I have a really hard time believing the following -

A) You can't make a sandwich

and

B) That you don't have enough time to make a sandwich.

Congrats, giant facepalm has been provoked.

I tried to google how to eat better and all I got was a thousand low calorie recipes that require time and various ingredients. I'll admit I didn't put a lot of effort into it, seeing as how I was too tired to do anything about it.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

You have to GOOGLE how to eat food that isn't AWFUL for you?

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
You have to GOOGLE how to eat food that isn't AWFUL for you?

Kind of going out of your way to be a jackass aren't you?

No.

Aside from just avoiding fast food as a whole, I tried the whole fruits and vegetables, and just food in general that wasn't processed through a sugary deep frier and it wasn't making a profound difference.

So I googled foods that would give me more energy, and be healitheir for me and I got a bunch of recipes and not at all what I was looking for.

The point, other than the fact that you're being a bit of a smug jackass, is I'm feeling lazy and changing my eating and sleeping habits haven't been useful.

But I appreciate the input from everyone else.
I'm gonna put some more effort into my sleeping patterns.

It's just hard cause my hours are so messed up sometimes.
There's no set schedule. One week I'm working early morning to afternoon, the next week I have a good three days where I'm working late at night followed by waking up early the next morning for another long shift. And then not working for three or four days.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

I was like you, tired all the time. Problem was I was pretty out of shape. Once I started lifting weights and running, I had more energy during the day, and I got great sleeps (8 hours).
If you want some meal ideas, try having oatmeal in the morning (not the prepackaged crap, get a big bag of oats). Cut a banana on top and sprinkle some brown sugar or cinnamon on top. Oatmeal is so good for you, and so are bananas. Also have a glass of milk with the oatmeal. Pretty cheap breakfast.
For lunch, make a sandwich (whole wheat bread), get some yogurt packs and have some, bring some veggies + fruit with ya, some milk or water, maybe bring some granola to sprinkle over the yogurt.

I dunno, it's pretty easy to eat well, if you want some more info just PM me.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by x_thurston_x
Kind of going out of your way to be a jackass aren't you?

No.

Aside from just avoiding fast food as a whole, I tried the whole fruits and vegetables, and just food in general that wasn't processed through a sugary deep frier and it wasn't making a profound difference.

So I googled foods that would give me more energy, and be healitheir for me and I got a bunch of recipes and not at all what I was looking for.

The point, other than the fact that you're being a bit of a smug jackass, is I'm feeling lazy and changing my eating and sleeping habits haven't been useful.

But I appreciate the input from everyone else.
I'm gonna put some more effort into my sleeping patterns.

It's just hard cause my hours are so messed up sometimes.
There's no set schedule. One week I'm working early morning to afternoon, the next week I have a good three days where I'm working late at night followed by waking up early the next morning for another long shift. And then not working for three or four days.

I'm not being a jackass - you didn't tell me that you were googling SPECIFIC aspects of healthier eating, such as energy increase and antioxidants, etc. You just said "I googled how to eat better"

and if that had been the case - I still wasn't being a jackass - if you're over the age of five and don't understand that a big mac and large fries twice a day every day is bad for you, then you fail and your parents fail too.

Regardless - the bottom line here is you KNOW how to eat better, and you know how to take care of yourself. If you're too lazy to do it, then there's nothing anyone can tell you - here or anywhere else - that'll do any good. You've gotta want to do it and do it.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by ACG
I was like you, tired all the time. Problem was I was pretty out of shape. Once I started lifting weights and running, I had more energy during the day, and I got great sleeps (8 hours).
If you want some meal ideas, try having oatmeal in the morning (not the prepackaged crap, get a big bag of oats). Cut a banana on top and sprinkle some brown sugar or cinnamon on top. Oatmeal is so good for you, and so are bananas. Also have a glass of milk with the oatmeal. Pretty cheap breakfast.
For lunch, make a sandwich (whole wheat bread), get some yogurt packs and have some, bring some veggies + fruit with ya, some milk or water, maybe bring some granola to sprinkle over the yogurt.

I know this was directed at the TS, but if it´s not too much trouble could you just PM me a similar list? What you've put sounds great, I'd just like to know more so that I can eat healthier.
Quote by strat0blaster
I'm not being a jackass - you didn't tell me that you were googling SPECIFIC aspects of healthier eating, such as energy increase and antioxidants, etc. You just said "I googled how to eat better"

and if that had been the case - I still wasn't being a jackass - if you're over the age of five and don't understand that a big mac and large fries twice a day every day is bad for you, then you fail and your parents fail too.

Regardless - the bottom line here is you KNOW how to eat better, and you know how to take care of yourself. If you're too lazy to do it, then there's nothing anyone can tell you - here or anywhere else - that'll do any good. You've gotta want to do it and do it.

Yeah the tone and smiley's were about as friendly as it gets.

I don't think you're getting my question at all.
But thanks for the marvelous effort and input.

I wasn't eating fast food constantly, it was just that everything I ate was quick microwaveable food or I just didn't eat at all.

Quote by ACG

Yeah I could use some more ideas like that.
Thing is that I'm on a bit of a budget so I was also buying cheap bulk food.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

Last edited by x_thurston_x at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Go to McDonalds and order yourself a McJagger.

/freaking thread
Quote by takeapicture

YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY 3 INCH WILLY

Quote by primusfan
i'm the one pulling my own pants down in front of people. and i have a small penis.

Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.
Quote by x_thurston_x
it was just that everything I ate was quick microwaveable food or I just didn't eat at all.

Contrary to your fabrication of my inability to understand your simple question, I did, and the answer is still the same -

The above quote is your problem, as it was the first time I said it.

Eat better food, get some exercise so you're tired enough to crash out at night, and you'll be fine. You're eating poorly and not taking care of yourself - what did you think was going to happen?

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Page 1 of 2