How are these speakers? I can't afford a new amp right now so I asked my mom if I keep up my grades would she buy me a speaker replacement and she said sure. So how's the MOD-12" 110W? I have a Peavey Bandit and it's got an okay tone just a little harsh and muddy but it gets me by. I'm not really looking to tighten up my bottom end just make it punchier and make it have more boom (trust me this little thing can kick out a ridiculous amount of bass for an open-backed 1x12). The harshness I'm not sure whether it's the highs or upper mids but it's got a mean, brittle harshness that just bugs me when I kick in the distortion. I figure a speaker replacement is good because I can use it in my next amp anyway. So how would this speaker help my tone? Or not?
All the jensens i've played have lacked punch. I'd look into an eminence model.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
No problem.
I bet an Eminence Swamp Thang would sound pretty good in that.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
advice - keep the stock speaker so that when the time comes to sell the amp, you can put the stock speaker back in and have this nice speaker to upgrade your new amp.

edit: I meant to say keep the stock speaker around, not keep it in the amp. If you wanna change the speaker that's cool, just save the stock one in your closet or under your bed or something.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Last edited by BD 425 at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by BD 425
advice - keep the stock speaker so that when the time comes to sell the amp, you can put the stock speaker back in and have this nice speaker to upgrade your new amp.

edit: I meant to say keep the stock speaker around, not keep it in the amp. If you wanna change the speaker that's cool, just save the stock one in your closet or under your bed or something.

I figured lol . That is what I plan to do.
For the money the jenson mods arent bad. I put a 10" 1 in a SS I have as I wanted to get a 4 ohm. It was less than half what an eminence or celestion would cost. I wasnt going to spend a ton on this amp.