So I'm in a process of selling all my gears, few guitars, and an amp to save up for a nice amp. In the mean time, I need a way to practice on my guitar without an amp but with some sort of device that will replicate an amp sound. I'm not too sure about these methods but I've heard about them before:

Multi-FX Pedal + Speakers
Line 6 POD + Speakers

Not sure if these work or how they work. If someone could explain any methods to do these, please feel free to share

Thanks!
Get a POD XT Live, which is essentially a pod plus fx. It's got a headphone jack - you just need a 1/8 to 1/4 jack tip.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
id just say get a comp program, legally of course, not from utorrent of course, but get a modeling program and hook up to your computer. some modeling programs sound decent.
i played the last 3 weeks on xmas break through my computer with my headphone amp and hooked up to the computer through a 1/8 inch cable...its ****ty but works for good enough
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by iheartprog
id just say get a comp program, legally of course, not from utorrent of course, but get a modeling program and hook up to your computer. some modeling programs sound decent.

+1

Get guitar rig 3, with the foot controller, if your sound card is up to it, and you'll probably never buy another amp again.

Just better speakers :P
yeah I'd go with a POD or some sort of program. Theres also the line 6 toneport which is cheap and is just all modeling/recording interface
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
et a POD XT Live, which is essentially a pod plus fx

uhhh not true.... how about it IS a pod just with foot switches.

IF you want somethign cheap and have a guitar just get a pod tone port
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
the point is he is selling his things to buy a new amp, so we dont want to spend a lot of money here. this is a temporary solution. try a vox headphone jack plug thingy.
Actually, it makes no odds what his soundcard is like. The footswitch you get with GR3 has its own soundcard. So get guitar rig 3 and some good quality speakers.