http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=270321447589

Just got this in the mail. Looks and smells new other than the split on the top right side of the cab. I posted about this earlier and was advised to inspect it before plugging it in.

What should I do / look for?

Can I play it like this at low (married guy around the house) volume or does it have to be strapped up or repaired first?

Thanks!
Last edited by DILtron3000 at Jan 5, 2009,
You could play it, but I'd imagine it would rattle around a little. I'd get some wood glue and seal it up overnight, test her out in the morning.

Oh yeah, I'm assuming it's that spider valve where the one corner isn't connected
Its a spider valve 212 and the link should work now. The whole right top joint is split at the seem.

For now I was gonna use a tie down strap to get them to mate back up again.

Im not to sure about just using wood glue. I have to press very hard to get them to mate back up again. Plus since it weighs about 75 lbs, I wouldnt feel to sure about trying to use the handle to lift it in the future.

That not really a problem since it will just sit in the house all the time.

Is wook glue all they use in the first place, or are they mitered, screwed, etc.?
Last edited by DILtron3000 at Jan 5, 2009,
To be honest, I don't know what they use, I haven't opened too many amps. I assume they use dovetail joints, but that's probably giving them too much credit.
Worst case: it doesn't hold. Just be careful not to get any on the circuitry.
I kept assuming someone else would post in here, but no such luck.

Keep updating, let us know how it turns out