i've heard quite a bit about this, but i'm not exactly sure how to do it or how to make writing out of it. anyone help?

my idea so far is that it's supposed to be one continuous line, no line breaks or stanzas whatsoever, of thoughts and random musings that your brain throws out.

this is what i'm thinking of. if these lyrics aren't stream-of-consciousness then someone tell me: TDEP - Miss Machine
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
I always thought it was stuff like a lot of whats on BTBAM's "Alaska" album.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Devin Townsend is basically the master of stream-of-consciousness lyrics. Great examples are his "Infinity" and "Terria" albums, as well as Strapping Young Lad's "Alien" album.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
I didn't know that was a type of lyrics. I knew it was a song by Dream Theater which has no lyrics.
Quote by travislausch
Devin Townsend is basically the master of stream-of-consciousness lyrics. Great examples are his "Infinity" and "Terria" albums, as well as Strapping Young Lad's "Alien" album.

really? o_O doesn't seem like what i imagined at all.

Alaska is a good example... mainly, however, what i wanted to know is how you use these lyrics and how to make songs out of them. also, i wanted to know if TDEP's stuff on Miss Machine is stream-of-consciousness or not.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
I just figure you write the lyrics and then try and fit them into the music OR write music to fit in with the lyrics. As for whether or not TDEP's stuff is stream of consciousness or not, i wouldn't really be one to say yes or no.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Read some Faulkner then get back to the forums with whatever lyrics you can pop out. He is and shall forever be the king of the Stream-of-consciousness writing style, its prose but it is near definition of stream-of-consciousness.
Use your imagination, use your whammy bar.