Hey Guys, i have a BOSS NS-2 Noise Gate because to me it seems to work perfectly. But ive also seen about the same amount of people with an ISP Decimator.

Now, i have two questions here:

1.) How is the ISP compared to the NS-2? Pros, cons, etc, which is *Better,* And which doesnt cut out high notes as bad as the other

and

2) Sometimes when im playing with the NS-2 on, some whining feedback still manages to come through even while im playing... Is that normal with Noise Gates, or is something just not set right?

Thanks Guys
the isp have true bypass. Boss dont
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Ahh, i see. That seems to be a major selling point... wish i woulda seen the ISP before i got the BOSS
The boss isnt that bad either i would honestly keep it
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
A noise gate isn't going to filter out a whine while you're playing. The purpose of a noise gate is to keep things quiet while you're not playing. Once it "hears" a signal - you playing the guitar, it opens up and the signal goes to your amp to amplified. At that point, anything on your signal, such as feedback, a whine, hum, or whatever, is amplified and can be heard.
I'll probably be getting one of these pedals soon. They don't change or muffle your tone do they?
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
To Steven: Thank you for clearing that up for me. I guess i never really tried playing and Amp cranked at fear of feedback, so i didnt really know

And To Wilde: The Boss doesnt affect my tone at all while im playing. I havent heard a difference yet. The only tone it really affects for me is the clean channel, but who uses a noise gate for the clean channel ? As for the ISP, im not sure, but id go with it because its True Bypass.
Quote by wildwildwes594
I'll probably be getting one of these pedals soon. They don't change or muffle your tone do they?

Use good cables and keep them short between pedals. If you're running a whole bunch of pedals, expect to hear some loss of tone. If you're only running a few, there shouldn't be any loss at all.

More pedals = more cable = more capacitance = signal loss

I'm running a dozen Boss pedals with George Ls and no problem. How's that?
Alright thanks guys, I'll probably get the ISP.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
I use mine on on the clean channels of my amps and have no problems at all. You'll see a lot of the Fender guys, you know, the guys with the single coil pups, turning down their volume knobs after they finish playing a part in a song. They do this because of the hum the coils have induced into them. The NS-2, or any noise gate, eliminates this by setting the signal threshold above the noise. This works great on clean or gain channels. As far as the true bypass, I wouldn't worry about it. Boss' bypass is a good design.