I want to get a new Paul Reed Smith Ce22, but it is quite expensive. The Guitar Center warranty is another 200 but the guitar comes with the PRS limited lifetime warranty. Is that enough? should i get the guitar dealerships warranty also for another $200?

Please help me out

Thanks,

Biscuit
Extended warranties are a scam, especially for guitars and likewise. The guitar has a lifetime warranty so I wouldn't be too concerned, even if it's limited.
For $200 I thikn thats a little pricey for a warranty how long is the warranty for if its only like a year I wouldnt do it if it was me
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
In general for most products, I would not recommend the warranty. Basically you are paying up front for repairs you may or may not have in the future.
Most consumer advocates will say no to extended warranties. If you cant afford to repair/maintain it you cannot afford to buy it.
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
Ok cool thats kinda what i was thinkin i thought the warranty seemed quite rediculous.
They are all pretty much a scam. What would be covered that PRS wont cover. Im sure if you read the fine print not a whole lot if anything is covered. Its just free money for them. Wasnt long ago I got offered a 18$ warranty on a 14$ tool, hmm let me think about it. There was a simpsons episode when moe hammered a nail into homers nose "extended warranty how can I go wrong" moes reply "nope not stupid enough" and hammered it deeper.
You should read the details of the two warranties. If the Guitar Center doesn't cover anything but a manufacturer's defect, then it's not worth it. Guitar warranties are kind of overrated IMO, though. I've had my PRS for going on 10 years and haven't had a problem that required taking it to a professional.

Any "damage" you could do to a guitar while touring/playing out wouldn't be covered by a warranty anyway because most of that damage is of the cosmetic variety.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Jan 6, 2009,
Quote by Tackleberry
They are all pretty much a scam. What would be covered that PRS wont cover. Im sure if you read the fine print not a whole lot if anything is covered. Its just free money for them. Wasnt long ago I got offered a 18$ warranty on a 14$ tool, hmm let me think about it. There was a simpsons episode when moe hammered a nail into homers nose "extended warranty how can I go wrong" moes reply "nope not stupid enough" and hammered it deeper.

It was a crayon.
I stepped upon the platform, the man gave me the news
He said, "You must be joking son, where did you get those shoes?"
PRS warranty will be enough! Guitar Centre's is probably for setup/adjustment type of things which you can & should learn to do for yourself now that you own a fine guitar! Dan Erlewine's Guitar Player Repair Guide revised edition is ~ $25.00 and will teach you all you need to know.
Moving on.....
Personally I'd get it on a guitar that expensive; if I'm right, the lifetime warranty just covers factory problems and stuff like that, not your own damage. With the $200 thing, if I understood it right at GC, if you drop it an the head breaks off, they'll repair/replace it. If you get into a crash and it gets damaged, they'll replace it. I may be wrong, but if I'm right it's probably worth the $200 IMO.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
Personally I'd get it on a guitar that expensive; if I'm right, the lifetime warranty just covers factory problems and stuff like that, not your own damage. With the $200 thing, if I understood it right at GC, if you drop it an the head breaks off, they'll repair/replace it. If you get into a crash and it gets damaged, they'll replace it. I may be wrong, but if I'm right it's probably worth the $200 IMO.

If this is true than I would get it honestly, hes right factory warranty only covers things that they could mess up because of bad quality control like bad electronics, bubbles in the paint etc.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I would get it if it covers atleast 2 years..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I would check how long the warrant lasts and see what it covers. To give you something to compare it with I have just bought a PRS SE Singlecut and a three year warranty over what PRS provide as standard from the shop cost me an extra £20. This would not cover me running the guitar over with my car or wrapping it round a tree but does cover all the useful stuff. I have never had any problems with guitars from the shop I used now and they have all arrived in good condition and well setup but for the extra peace of mind at £20 it is worth it.
Just insure ALL of your musical equipment and boom, a better outcome.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com