Hey,

I need to buy a new guitar amplifier but, I don't know what to get. I was thinking about Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Hughes and Kettner, or Bugera but if you have another idea that's okay. I play classic rock music from the '70s and '80s: Van Halen, Rush, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, etc. My guitars are a Gibson Firebird Studio and Epiphone SG. I do not care if it is a combo or half stack and I have no price range, but I do want it to be a tube amp. I do not do any gigging either. What would you guys recommend I get? I want some more options.
Thanks

-Joe
whats your price range?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
No price range, as in you can afford any amp you could ever dream of?

I'll try to offer amps in a range of budgets.

For a tight budget, you could look at a Traynor YCV50.

For a bit higher budget, look at Orange amps. Someone with more experience with them can be more help.

For a very high budget, you could look at some Splawn amp, which could possibly be a tad high gain for your taste, but they are meant to be very good hot rodded marshal type amps.

Another option could be a Marshall clone by ceriatone or some other cloning company. Again, I'll let someone more knowledgeable with Marshalls point you towards specific models.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
He has no price range.

I would just go to a guitar shop and play as many amps as I could. If you don't mind the price tag, you can pretty much take your pick.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
probably marshall since you listed those bands. something JCM since you have no price range
If you have no price range go for a Metropoulos (Metroamp) '68 spec plexi or JTM45/100.
maybe a marshall jcm 800 half stack? idk..a vox ac30cc2x could do most of that too..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
i am leaving this thread open and i closed the rest. TS, if you make one more thread on this same topic i will give you a warning. please stick to one thread, you dont need 4+
topic starter

tc and op are topic creator and original poster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by al112987
If you have no price range go for a Metropoulos (Metroamp) '68 spec plexi or JTM45/100.

This. If you don't want to spend as much, Ceriatone is a good option as well
jcm 800.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join