Not sure if this is the right place to post about scales, what are some good jazz scales ( if any) and while im out of it some good shred scales?
thanks, all help appreciated
Blues scale would be best for improvising, pentatonic could work, you could even give mixolydian a shot.
Before anyone bites your head off....

There are no such things as Jazz scales. Learn your scale shapes on the guitar(Ionian to Locrian and there's more...) then apply them to the progression of the song.

Also Keep listening to jazz songs and try to emulate what you hear.

edit1:

Since you're interested in shred, it helps to streamline your scale shapes. I can't tell you how because they're your hands, but find the most economic way to play scales down the fretboard.
*reported*... twice in one reply!

OH NOES!!! Theowy is scawY!!!
Last edited by allislost at Jan 6, 2009,
It's not that simple. For playing jazz, learn about scales, chords, modes and progressions - and how they function together. Listen to jazz and try playing few jazz songs. Maybe get a jazz guitar teacher?
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Quote by MrGuitarGuy01
Not sure if this is the right place to post about scales, what are some good jazz scales ( if any)

The Major Scale, combined with chromaticism.
Quote by MrGuitarGuy01
and while im out of it some good shred scales?
thanks, all help appreciated

Check out these sites:

shredacademy.com and chopsfromhell.com
Last edited by mdc at Jan 6, 2009,
yeah thanks to all for yals advice, and thats why i said "if any" about the jazz scales because i didnt think there were any, but thanks to all. i will look some of these up. Someone mentioned modes, where could i learn about them?
thanks to all, help appreciated.
Quote by MrGuitarGuy01
Someone mentioned modes, where could i learn about them?
thanks to all, help appreciated.

The Major Scale.