alright so i play in a band and were pretty good but we cant find any places to play. were all 16 live on long island and play bluesy classic rock stuff. weve been playing for a while and getting pretty good, buti dont even know how or where to find a gig out here... any help
if you're all only 16, then you're stuck trying to play at the following:

community centers / malls
talent competitions
all-ages battle of the bands

if you have any recordings, that always helps.
parties. find a kegger and set up
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Check out some other similar local bands to yourself in your area, look at their web site, check their upcoming gig dates, see where they are playing and contact the venues on their list.
Do this with a few other bands and you'll end up with quite a comprehensive list of venues to contact.

Recording a demo of a couple of songs to send to venues that wish to hear you before booking you helps immensely too.
Check out some other similar local bands to yourself in your area, look at their web site, check their upcoming gig dates, see where they are playing and contact the venues on their list.
Do this with a few other bands and you'll end up with quite a comprehensive list of venues to contact.

i like that, and have tried it but every around me either plays ska or heavy metal.. and were a blues band
Quote by rrskater007

i like that, and have tried it but every around me either plays ska or heavy metal.. and were a blues band

You'll probably find that many of the venues that the heavy metal bands play are pretty much suitable for your needs.

But have you tried cross referencing 'blues' with the name of your area on Google? That should pull up a few suitable venues.
Quote by frigginjerk
if you're all only 16, then you're stuck trying to play at the following:

community centers / malls
talent competitions
all-ages battle of the bands

if you have any recordings, that always helps.

Fuck that. Is that what it's like in Canada? I live in Scotland, and I played in venues at 14.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
Fuck that. Is that what it's like in Canada? I live in Scotland, and I played in venues at 14.

My daughter got up on stage and played guitar with my band in a local venue last summer..... and she's 9.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jan 7, 2009,
ive played before with my dads bands, i just cant find any places for my band.. but some good advice thanks