Hey! I am going to put some new pickups in my strat. I am ordering them in the next week or two. It is a Synsonics Pro Series off brand strat copy and was my first guitar. The guitar plays amazing the action is great and the neck is fast.... especially considering what I paid for it back when I was in 5th grade! I sold it to my old guitar teacher and he did a lot of work to it before I bought it back. I am going to fix it up with a couple things, including new pickups and locking tuners. I need some suggestions on the pickups. I want to be able to get really funky, bright tones, but also get that fat strat tone out of the wounded strings when needed. Basically I need something very versatile and can play funk, jazz, a little blues, etc. I don't really play much blues music and I am in a band that blends funk/jazz/african (world) music. I was looking at Lindy Fralin pickups... but which ones?!? I like my seymour duncans in my ibanez a lot. The strat has a hotrails pickup in it right now in the bridge position and I hate it. Thanks!

Jeremy
Ibanez SZ520QM - Transparent Red
-Seymour Duncan '59 in the bridge/Coil-Tapped Pearly Gates in the neck
Synsonics Strat Copy with Hotrails Pickup in the bridge
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
Go for Texas Specials. I have them in my '95 mexi strat and it sounds better than my buddy's '91 American.
Who makes those?
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
Quote by SilverchairFan
Go with Fender Texas Special Pickups
Theyre in the SRV Signature strat, and theyre wicked!

I was listening to a few clips on youtube.... I don't know if they are exactly what I am looking for. I haven't heard any good funk clips though. I primarily like to play the funk
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
Damn... they cost almost as much as the fralins too.
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
Take a look at Lace Sensors, Rockmonkey pickups (the guy who makes these is right here on UG under the name CorduroyEW - UG users get a 10% discount too) and Fenders themselves. I don't have much experience with single coils, but these are all pretty good from what I've seen and heard.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Take a look at Lace Sensors, Rockmonkey pickups (the guy who makes these is right here on UG under the name CorduroyEW - UG users get a 10% discount too) and Fenders themselves. I don't have much experience with single coils, but these are all pretty good from what I've seen and heard.

I'll check out those rockmonkey pickups for sure! I never really liked lace sensors.
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
Quote by Raijouta

+1

rockmonkeyguitars.com I think. Good guy.