Im not sure how many of you are familiar with the wiring of these two fender models, but i have a jazzmaster and it has "lead" and "rhythm" circuits. Anyway, by turning the volume off on the rhythm circuit, the two-position slider works now as a killswitch. However, its a little "stub" and sticks, and isn't meant for fast switching back and forth.

Two things, is there some replacement/alternative (cheap) switch i can buy without much wiring? And secondly, i'm just curious if this is bad for the guitar some how? Any advice on how to make the toggling quicker/smoother is appreciated

ps - i believe the jaguar has the same, to an extent, and a lot more too

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Couldn't you just replace it with a 2 way toggle switch?

It wont fit into the slot he is talking about, and no there really isn't any easy way. The only thing that is going to fit in that spot is another little stubby switch unless you want to modify the PG. This isn't bad for the guitar, but eventually, you can wear the switch out, it will probably take along time though.

Personal rant: I have no idea where all this kill switch craze is coming from, and it's been here for awhile. Maybe I just don't listen to the few bands that use them but I think they are overrated. Personally, if I want my guitar to be quiet, I turn the volume to 0, unplug it, or turn off my amp. If you are really dead set on a kill switch that is easier to use build it into a pedal and stomp on it, or do like some kid on here did and make it small and attach it to a strap. You could also get fancy and build it into a length of cable like so...

1/4 phone jack _____________________________________1/4 female jack
----------------------- ----------------------------
| |
Kill switch

And plug that into your guitar, and your cable into the other end.
Everyone **** off with your opinions. He wants to do it. It's not for you to say not to. Besides, the classic players have them already, so it's not uncommon.

You probably won't do any damage, but it might be easier to drill a hole and put a switch like on a lp or something in. But then you have to do tons of drilling and soldering.
Quote by Hereiwas
Everyone **** off with your opinions. He wants to do it. It's not for you to say not to. Besides, the classic players have them already, so it's not uncommon.

You probably won't do any damage, but it might be easier to drill a hole and put a switch like on a lp or something in. But then you have to do tons of drilling and soldering.

If you would read the posts, no one has said not too.
Quote by Hereiwas

thanks for the advice and support lol. oh well, only one guy facepalmed me but w/e. i dont think ill do a big mod, but if thats my last resort then maybe eventually

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Quote by chipmunksurfer
thanks for the advice and support lol. oh well, only one guy facepalmed me but w/e. i dont think ill do a big mod, but if thats my last resort then maybe eventually

Only one face palm isn't that bad, especially on this forum. There's a lot of love/hate for the KS. Starting a KS thread is likely to get you flamed, especially since there is an Ultimate KS thread already. Like I said I don't like them and think they are over rated, but I at least answered your question, oddly enough I said pretty much what Hereiwas said, and provided alternative methods.