When is the best Guitar Center sale with the biggest price drops?
I'm trying to find out when to get a Peavey Classic 30 at the lowest price, and so I can know how much time I have to get the money.
I think you just missed it

They usually have decent sales right around holidays like Easter and Definitely Memorial Day and 4th of July weekends.

You can always score a nice if not better C30 off craigslist if you keep your eyes open.

Also, for some strange reason, the more you spend there the deeper the discounts and offers for 'special' sales and gift cards.

PS you can almost always get 10% with their instore coupons and maybe another 3-10% if you can haggle.
I have a Peavey Classic 30 for sale right now in the Gear threads for $300 or trade if you are interested.
Guitar Center probably won't do too many sales on the C30. Trust me I tried for like half a year. Only way it will be cheaper is if someone brings in a used one. Then it'll be around $300 to $400. There was a used C50 in my GC a few weeks ago for $354. I finally ended up buying mine new for $599 + a load of cables and picks thrown in.
their deals pretty much suck...lol. I think for black friday they had 15% off, and that is supposed to be the best one. and then sometimes they say they have a "deal" on something, and when I check the price its the same as it was before. idk if its just me but the only good way to get a deal there is by hagling (however you spell that) them. tell them to give you a good deal on something. but Im not sure if they do that any more...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
whens the next sale?
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
The List Sale is pretty much the only big one. They don't happen until the summer (there's two), and even then, this past summer I didn't really find anything I wanted, but instead I came home with a used Duncan Convertible amp for $100
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Alright, you think I can get the new 09 Standard Strat and a Classic 30 if I offer them $1000?
My friend just bought like $1000+ worth of gear there so I'm going to let him make the purchase, but is the guitar and amp for $1000 a good offer?
Quote by cratskomodo
Alright, you think I can get the new 09 Standard Strat and a Classic 30 if I offer them $1000?
My friend just bought like $1000+ worth of gear there so I'm going to let him make the purchase, but is the guitar and amp for $1000 a good offer?

no, GC doesn't haggle much anymore, and that's like getting the amp for free
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
no, GC doesn't haggle much anymore, and that's like getting the amp for free

He means a 09 Mexi-Strat, which is about $450-$475
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Yea, I'm fairly certain GC has a new no haggle policy.

But yea, they usually have sales on holidays. The only one I remember was 4th of July but I imagine they do memorial day. Also, make sure you know the going price of the amp at the time of purchase at a different retailer and on the website so they don't cheat you.

I almost bought an amp at a GC that had been marked up 50 bucks from the online price.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by Greenwood991
Yea, I'm fairly certain GC has a new no haggle policy.

But yea, they usually have sales on holidays. The only one I remember was 4th of July but I imagine they do memorial day. Also, make sure you know the going price of the amp at the time of purchase at a different retailer and on the website so they don't cheat you.

I almost bought an amp at a GC that had been marked up 50 bucks from the online price.

Well, they do throw stuff in deals still, which is why I'm asking if $1000 for a C50 and a 09 Standard is a good deal?
The Guitar Centers here still haggle

I've never bought anything for full price there.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Just saw this and wanted to add...the best GC sales are apparently in-store only, ie unadvertised. I just found this out the hard way, and ultimately to my advantage.

A month ago I was in the market to upgrade to a decent practice amp and settled on a new Vox VT15, thought it was a great deal at $199 and suited my needs to a "T". So I go down to pick one up, and ended up with the floor model as it was the last one in the store. Got it home, all stoked up, and NO SOUND

So figuring I did something wrong, I do a quick web search on VT series amps...first result is some forum where a guy is saying he just picked up a VT30 at GC for $199! WTF says I, so I call GC and sure enough, the VT30's are on sale for $199 for that weekend but they are flat out of them, so I kindly remind the dude that there are other GC's around and they find one, I returned the dead VT15 and got a brand new in the box VT30 in exchange for the same price

What I found out was this...the sale on the VT30's was only seen on the amp's hang tags in the store, it was not on their flier for that weekend or the web site (and it was a nationwide store sale on that amp), hell the dude that sold me the VT15 didn't even tell me. I think they do this cuz it keeps other stores from matching their sale prices as they are "unadvertised".

Sucks if like the TS you are watching for something to go on sale. Best you could do is maybe get chummy with someone at the store and get them to let you know. I've seen some sites where apparently people get ahold of and post this kind of info, so weekly web searches could help too.
My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
The green tag savings is usually one of their bigger sales
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by SwamperGene
Just saw this and wanted to add...the best GC sales are apparently in-store only, ie unadvertised. I just found this out the hard way, and ultimately to my advantage.

A month ago I was in the market to upgrade to a decent practice amp and settled on a new Vox VT15, thought it was a great deal at $199 and suited my needs to a "T". So I go down to pick one up, and ended up with the floor model as it was the last one in the store. Got it home, all stoked up, and NO SOUND

So figuring I did something wrong, I do a quick web search on VT series amps...first result is some forum where a guy is saying he just picked up a VT30 at GC for $199! WTF says I, so I call GC and sure enough, the VT30's are on sale for $199 for that weekend but they are flat out of them, so I kindly remind the dude that there are other GC's around and they find one, I returned the dead VT15 and got a brand new in the box VT30 in exchange for the same price

What I found out was this...the sale on the VT30's was only seen on the amp's hang tags in the store, it was not on their flier for that weekend or the web site (and it was a nationwide store sale on that amp), hell the dude that sold me the VT15 didn't even tell me. I think they do this cuz it keeps other stores from matching their sale prices as they are "unadvertised".

Sucks if like the TS you are watching for something to go on sale. Best you could do is maybe get chummy with someone at the store and get them to let you know. I've seen some sites where apparently people get ahold of and post this kind of info, so weekly web searches could help too.

Would monthly, or weekly checks be better?
Cuz I can get to my GC every day if I really needed to.