Who thinks AC/DC's sound is completely overrated, generic and not very innovative
VS
AC/DC is one of the best and most talented rock bands of all time.
AC/DC has had a great sound from the beginning and they didnt change it because: don't fix it if it aint broken.
They rock harder then a boulder so wy change?
AC/DC is one of the best and most talented rock bands of all time.

/thread
Quote by abe123
thats one of the funniest posts ive seen in a while... to sig or not to sig

Quote by Kenny77
Awesome.

Quote by Kensai
Probably from india. Most bad things come from there.
Good in small doses
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Acdc is simple and rocking. They dont need 100 effects to get their point across. They found the equation to rock and theyve kept with it.
AC/DC would have to be one of my favorite bands of all time, but to much Brian Johnson era music can get slightly tedious.
I enjoy listening through the earlier albums and hearing the evolution...

One of the greatest bands Ever...
AC/DC are class. I find most people who say 'oh boo hoo it all sounds the same and takes no skill' listen to bands that are really wank.
Quote by titsmcgee852
Good in small doses

+1

AC/DC always make me chuckle but I can only listen to them in 5 minute chunks
I vote for "AC/DC is one of the best and most talented rock bands of all time".

Why change your trademark sound that has gotten you millions? Thats how you lose fans.
Lol at "trade-mark sound" and "don't fix it if it ain't broken" those are cover-ups for how damn repetitive they were.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by srvflood
Lol at "trade-mark sound" and "don't fix it if it ain't broken" those are cover-ups for how damn repetitive they were.

+1
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by srvflood

Yet if they change, people would call them sell outs.
I used to listen to them, they really aren't my thing anymore though. Angus is a good guitar player with good stage presence but I don't think there is that much variation in their music.
Acdc can sound repetaive at time because of the lack of effects but for the most part thats a good thing if it ain't broke don't fix

btw Bon Scott Rules all
AC/DC are a great rock n' roll band, but you have to admit...after Black ice, I think we all realized the music is undeniably repetitive. Not that it's totally a bad thing, I still liek the Black ice songs...
not really a fan of AC/DC but they do have an original sound

their drummer, singer, guitar

they sound different from others to me
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Quote by Morello is god
Acdc can sound repetaive at time because of the lack of effects but for the most part thats a good thing if it ain't broke don't fix

btw Bon Scott Rules all

Just because you don't use effects doesn't mean all your songs have to sound the same.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
I'm not gonna lie, lots of AC/DC songs do sound a lot alike...but that doesnt mean they dont rock!
They're good, but I got tired of them pretty quickly to be honest. Lots of their songs do sound very similar, but I still listen to the back in black album occasionally
Ludicrously cheesy and repetitive, listening to an AC/DC song is like sitting through a Carlos Mencia skit. It is dull, mindnumbingly so
Last edited by Unquestionable at Jan 19, 2009,
AC/DC is a ROCK band. They stick to that title and they ROCK. Its the kinda band you go to a concert and get really drunk, party and sing along. No they are'nt very complex, but i don't think they were ever trying too. They were doing what they do best, ROCK.
"See the Glory Of the Royal Scam"
I like them, but if I listen to anymore then 4 or 5 songs straight it gets to be a bit much. And seeing as I'm someone who likes to listen to albums as a whole, I don't really listen to them that much.