I've got this problem. . . . See, I play an Ibanez ART 100 (99% of my problem right there) . . . .

Anyway, I'm wondering like, from a guitarist's point of view, what would be a decent guitar to play on, quality wise. . . Like, one I can beat the crap out of. . . .

I do alot of solo-ing/ shredding, and I can't seem to keep my bridge in place. Also, when it comes to bending, and really getting into the music, I put a lot of strain on the guitar. I'm looking for something that can withstand me beating the crap out of it. . .

Something I look for in a guitar. . . . Would have to be play-ability, neck speed (I've got small hands, so a Wizard neck is by far out of the question ((f*ck you Ibanez)) damn jumbo frets . . .ANYWAY

Any suguestions?

(Ps, I've been playing for 5 years. I understand that price = quality.)
If you want a guitar you can beat the crap out of, you want a Telecaster.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
What do jumbo frets have to do with the size of your hands?

As far as a low priced beater guitar that plays well, check out Agile and Michael Kelly.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
What do jumbo frets have to do with the size of your hands?

As far as a low priced beater guitar that plays well, check out Agile and Michael Kelly.

Sorry to bring up a dead post, but see, just about every guitar I've owned has been an ibanez. Thats what I started learning on wayy back in the day.

Jumbo frets make me over-extend my hand. Inevitably, the jumbo frets make it a pain in the @$$ to gap 3-4 frets while playing.
Quote by Kurapica
If you want a guitar you can beat the crap out of, you want a Telecaster.

+1

A telecaster, or a Strat [if you rest the bridge on the bosy].
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Try Cort-Very good guitars.
They make Ibanex and Sphecter as well, you don't pay for the name and get a bloody good guitar.
why would a thin neck be out of the question because you have small hands?

EDIT:
Quote by desolatehighway
Sorry to bring up a dead post, but see, just about every guitar I've owned has been an ibanez. Thats what I started learning on wayy back in the day.

Jumbo frets make me over-extend my hand. Inevitably, the jumbo frets make it a pain in the @$$ to gap 3-4 frets while playing.

jumbo frets only refers to the height and thickness of the fretwire. not the distance between the frets themselves.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by desolatehighway

I think you're talking about scale length, not jumbo frets?
another good guitar is like an epiphone les paul.
those can take a beating and they have pretty small frets.
Anything with a set neck is out of the question IMO.

As stated above, a Tele or a Strat would be your best bet. Those fukkin guitars play BETTER when beat up!