I'm looking for moderately priced recording hardware and software for my laptop pc. Any suggestions, reviews, etc. would be appreciated.
i use adobe audition3
i can record straight out of my amp onto my laptop
Epiphone SG G-400 faded
Fender Strat
Fender Frontman amp
**Dream Guitar**
Fender telecaster '58 heavy relic in blonde

"its in the key of D minor, i find songs in this key makes people want to weep."
"its called Lick My Love Pump"
I mic my amp and run the mic into a POD Studio. As far as software goes I just use audacity. Most people say my recordings sound good.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by CynicEidolon
Lol. He said TonePort.

Those things sound like ****.

Sure the amp models aren't great. But who says he is going to use them? It's just as good as any interface if you mic your amp up.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
use that freeware DAW (i dont remember its name) until you want to invest in something better, and then get a Firewire interface, an XLR cable and a decent multipurpose mic.
what type of recording are you looking to do? just your guitar, maybe rehearsals, demo's. depending on what you want, you may need more or less stuff.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I bought Cakewalks Sonar Home Studio 250 last year for $199. It comes with a re- badged Edirol UA25 (around $250 by itself). It's a pretty good deal. You get a top notch sequencer as well.

Here it is for $99....
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_SONAR%20Power%20Studio%20250%20USB%20Audio%20Interface%20Windows%20Only_-1_10052_10002_-49964980

Another plus is that you can get upgrade prices for Sonar 8.