so. i tried out some tube combos today, and came across the peavey delta blues 115. and i really did like it. question is, i like playing metal and hard rock and such. iron maiden, judas priest, guns n roses, metallica.

anyway, my question is, would the cleans of the delta blues distort well enough to make a convincing heavy metal sound?

if not, would anyone be able to reccommend a tube combo with a half decent clean channel, that would distort well. price range is up to $2000 ish.

also, this particular delta blues has some of the vinyl peeling off. so it is being sold for $1050 australia. marked down from $1350
Quote by MrChief
tbh i wanted to watch 2 girls one cup , and the website i clicked on was totally corrupt.

and the video was sick.

Current gear:
Slash Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Hiwatt G50R
BOSS ME-50
diezel. bogner. peavey 6505. mesa trip/dub rec. thses are much better options with that high of a budget.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by sg622
diezel. bogner. peavey 6505. mesa trip/dub rec. thses are much better options with that high of a budget.

He's in Australia.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Quote by Say Ocean
Australia gets raped on pricing.

Try a Peavey Classic 50.

gonna need a pedal for slash and iron maiden IMO, but great for the genre you play.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by sg622
gonna need a pedal for slash and iron maiden IMO, but great for the genre you play.

Yeah well with a 2 grand budget you could easily do a peavey classic 50, two new greenbacks to replace the stock speakers, an eq in the loop, and a boost in front. A boost and eq in the loop works wonders on the classic 50.
And the 50 may give him more headroom to get more preamp saturation prior to power tube saturation. Basically the Delta Blues is a Classic 30 amp circuit with a larger speaker option and tremolo. It should work for most of what you play but it's not going to hit the heavier metal you play without some help from an od, and may have more sag at volume than the 50 would. But it is preference, yours being most important in the end. Try them both.