So in the next month I will be buying a new strat. My two options are a standard american or the hiway one. Just curious about the neck size of the hiway one. Thicker, thinner, or the same as the standard? I have small hands so the thinner the better!
That's what I figured, and I LOVE the satin finish! Pickups are an easy change if need be.
The necks have a different feel. It's hard but I think I remember the HW1 neck being narrower. It also has the jumbo frets which make a bit of a difference. I actually liked the Highway One better than the American Strat based on the way it feels, but you still get better hardware on the Americans.

Edit: I looked it up, they are the same width. But there's still the jumbo frets. It just felt different to me overall, I'd encourage you to play them both and see which you like more.
Last edited by B. Jammin at Jan 6, 2009,
Quote by B. Jammin
The necks have a different feel. It's hard but I think I remember the HW1 neck being narrower. It also has the jumbo frets which make a bit of a difference. I actually liked the Highway One better than the American Strat based on the way it feels, but you still get better hardware on the Americans.

But isnt the HW1 MIA as well? Would the hardware REALLY be that different?
Quote by Pac_man0123
But isnt the HW1 MIA as well? Would the hardware REALLY be that different?

It is MIA, but the HW1 has mostly Mexican hardware, I think. The one I played had the same vintage 6 screw trem as the Mexi's (the Americans have the 2-point trem). I'm not sure about the electronics. But IMO it's really not that big of a deal, like I said I favored the Highway One for feel. Pickups, tuners and trems can always be changed out.

Edit: Also remember that a plus to the HW1 is the nitro finish, the American Standards dont have that.
Last edited by B. Jammin at Jan 6, 2009,