Places and Notes:

1. Mwulluk - There’s No Light

2. D3mko - Understand

3. [A]cetate - Clear

4. Altgrunge - Brainwash

5. Tapping Ninja - Will

6. Final Impact - Untitled

7. DanteR - Asterisk

Final Impact - Untitled : Nice, short and simple…maybe just a little too short. Nice instrumental, got a nice beat, but maybe a little too to the point. A bit more effort into this song and it could be great, it sounds like there’s a lot left to be added eventually.

Tapping Ninja - Will: Nice relaxing little piece. I like the beginning part and end. It seems to drop off in the middle though. What took away from this piece though is that it didn’t sound as if the lead guitar had a lot of thought put into it, seems as if you improvised the whole song. Put more thought into this song though and it would be very good.

DanteR - Asterisk: Very interesting piece to say the least. Had a nice beat to it, but the song itself got very repetitive. The vocals got very hard to understand at certain points (usually during the time where you used effects on the vocals). It didn’t change up very much, except for a small part in the middle and at the end. Change the song up a bit and make the vocals understandable, and the song would probably be a lot more enjoyable.

Altgrunge - Brainwash: Nice piece, it’s actually pretty enjoyable. Though it does get a little repetitive, try changing up the vocals and changing up the rhythm. Other than that, pretty good piece.

Mwulluk - There’s No Light: Let’s be honest here, this song is just hands down great. It changes up during the song, doesn’t stay the same, the lyrics are easy to understand and are pretty good. The leads are great, and the chorus is very catchy (I found myself wanting to sing along at a couple parts). You carry the momentum of the song where it’s needed. Great job, great song, this one wins it in my opinion.

D3mko - Understand: Pretty good song, the lyrics are good to listen to. The beat doesn’t change much until the solo and it does get just a little bit repetitive. But despite that, the song isn’t boring, mostly due to the vocals beings very good and changing up a lot. If you weren’t paying attention, you wouldn’t notice there was a chorus though, maybe pumping up the music when the chorus comes up? Otherwise, very good song, second place for sure.

[A]cetate - Clear: Pretty good song actually, catchy beat, good guitar, not too repitive. The vocals are a little murky during the chorus, but I can pick out what they are. Not the best lyrics out there, but still a good piece none the less.

It sucks i never got mine fully recorded and got some vocals down. What i have on my profile is utter **** compared to what it is now.
Last edited by Final !mpact at Jan 22, 2009,
User Name: Tapping_Ninja

Song: Will

Genre: Jazzish... I'm not sure.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by Tapping_Ninja
User Name: Tapping_Ninja

Song: Will

Genre: Jazzish... I'm not sure.

Not very Rock. Its good but It doesn't fit the theme.
I can judge too I guess. Throw me a PM when everyones got their songs in.
Ya, and you may want to get yours finished up Final...
~
"I'm a musician, what did you expect?"

~
Quote by Ace-014
Ya, and you may want to get yours finished up Final...

I know man, I need to get my recording **** set up again. Since we started renovating i had to pack everything up.
yo, if you need some more entries, i got one
its on my bands myspace (hope thats not a problem)
www.myspace.com/cavernosamusic
the song is called "Clear"
should be the first one that plays when you go to our myspace
Username: [A]cetate
Song: Clear by Cavernosa
Genre: grunge-rock
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
OK since we dont have enough judges and today was the last day to get entries, I'm extending it by about four days.
Quote by Final !mpact
OK since we dont have enough judges and today was the last day to get entries, I'm extending it by about four days.

We probably only need one more judge. Do you have a judging system you want us to use? Or do you just want us to rate them best worst?
~

~
Quote by Ace-014
We probably only need one more judge. Do you have a judging system you want us to use? Or do you just want us to rate them best worst?

I have an idea. Tell me if you like it.

All the judging will be done through PM's. You rate each song out of 100 and PM your results to me. If you feel like it you could give a mini review of your favourite and least favourite. Sound good?
Quote by Final !mpact
I have an idea. Tell me if you like it.

All the judging will be done through PM's. You rate each song out of 100 and PM your results to me. If you feel like it you could give a mini review of your favourite and least favourite. Sound good?

My idea would be more like a rating system. Every judge rates the songs in order from best to worst with places 1-7 (or more depending on whether there are any more contestants). After each judge's personal places are put out, each songs place place value are added up and whoever has the lowest score wins.

Example: Judge 1 votes Song A in second place, Judge 2 votes Song A in first place and Judge 3 votes song A in fourth place. Add all those place scores together you get 7 (2+1+4=7), this would be the same for all the rest of the songs.
Example of one Judges place system:
1. Song A
2. Song B
3. Song C
4. Song D
5. Song E
6. Song F
7. Song G
~

~
Quote by Ace-014
My idea would be more like a rating system. Every judge rates the songs in order from best to worst with places 1-7 (or more depending on whether there are any more contestants). After each judge's personal places are put out, each songs place place value are added up and whoever has the lowest score wins.

Example: Judge 1 votes Song A in second place, Judge 2 votes Song A in first place and Judge 3 votes song A in fourth place. Add all those place scores together you get 7 (2+1+4=7), this would be the same for all the rest of the songs.
Example of one Judges place system:
1. Song A
2. Song B
3. Song C
4. Song D
5. Song E
6. Song F
7. Song G

Sounds good, we'll use that.

Still need more judges.

EDIT: I'm not going to be able to finish my song, I'll leave it in the contest but the full version will appear in the next contest.
Last edited by Final !mpact at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by Final !mpact
Sounds good, we'll use that.

Still need more judges.

EDIT: I'm not going to be able to finish my song, I'll leave it in the contest but the full version will appear in the next contest.

GodofRock hasn't been on since the 9th, if you want I can judge by myself. I'll just rate what I think is best to last. It's either one Judge or 3.

If you want to wait for more, that's fine.

Edit: I already have my places written along with a notes for each song. I did it ahead of time cause I had nothing to do, lol.
~

~
Last edited by Ace-014 at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by Ace-014
GodofRock hasn't been on since the 9th, if you want I can judge by myself. I'll just rate what I think is best to last. It's either one Judge or 3.

If you want to wait for more, that's fine.

Edit: I already have my places written along with a notes for each song. I did it ahead of time cause I had nothing to do, lol.

PM me the scores + the notes. It doesn't look like we're getting any more judges.
Quote by Final !mpact
PM me the scores + the notes. It doesn't look like we're getting any more judges.

Got it, PMed. You can post it up yourself or I could, whatever you feel like.
~

~
Places and Notes:

1. Mwulluk - There’s No Light

2. D3mko - Understand

3. [A]cetate - Clear

4. Altgrunge - Brainwash

5. Tapping Ninja - Will

6. Final Impact - Untitled

7. DanteR - Asterisk

Final Impact - Untitled : Nice, short and simple…maybe just a little too short. Nice instrumental, got a nice beat, but maybe a little too to the point. A bit more effort into this song and it could be great, it sounds like there’s a lot left to be added eventually.

Tapping Ninja - Will: Nice relaxing little piece. I like the beginning part and end. It seems to drop off in the middle though. What took away from this piece though is that it didn’t sound as if the lead guitar had a lot of thought put into it, seems as if you improvised the whole song. Put more thought into this song though and it would be very good.

DanteR - Asterisk: Very interesting piece to say the least. Had a nice beat to it, but the song itself got very repetitive. The vocals got very hard to understand at certain points (usually during the time where you used effects on the vocals). It didn’t change up very much, except for a small part in the middle and at the end. Change the song up a bit and make the vocals understandable, and the song would probably be a lot more enjoyable.

Altgrunge - Brainwash: Nice piece, it’s actually pretty enjoyable. Though it does get a little repetitive, try changing up the vocals and changing up the rhythm. Other than that, pretty good piece.

Mwulluk - There’s No Light: Let’s be honest here, this song is just hands down great. It changes up during the song, doesn’t stay the same, the lyrics are easy to understand and are pretty good. The leads are great, and the chorus is very catchy (I found myself wanting to sing along at a couple parts). You carry the momentum of the song where it’s needed. Great job, great song, this one wins it in my opinion.

D3mko - Understand: Pretty good song, the lyrics are good to listen to. The beat doesn’t change much until the solo and it does get just a little bit repetitive. But despite that, the song isn’t boring, mostly due to the vocals beings very good and changing up a lot. If you weren’t paying attention, you wouldn’t notice there was a chorus though, maybe pumping up the music when the chorus comes up? Otherwise, very good song, second place for sure.

[A]cetate - Clear: Pretty good song actually, catchy beat, good guitar, not too repitive. The vocals are a little murky during the chorus, but I can pick out what they are. Not the best lyrics out there, but still a good piece none the less.

It sucks i never got mine fully recorded and got some vocals down. What i have on my profile is utter **** compared to what it is now.
Last edited by Final !mpact at Jan 18, 2009,
yo, thanks for the crit
if theres another contest like this PM me
cheers
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
I'd like to submit one of my songs: "Sunrise in the Second Renaissance" , it's in my profile and my bands myspace is in the sig.
Quote by MiG_853
I'd like to submit one of my songs: "Sunrise in the Second Renaissance" , it's in my profile and my bands myspace is in the sig.

Sorry man, contest is over. Next one will be coming up in a week or two.