It's fixed thanks.

Delete this thread if you want~
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Last edited by Finnepinne at Jan 10, 2009,
Its probably your cable, make sure its not loose. Make sure its plugged in tight, and if you still have the problem open up the CPU and check if the card were the screen cable plugs in, is pluged in tight to the motherboard. That should to the trick

EDIT: The screen you showed us is white, thus the problem lies with the cable or the video card, make sure they are both tight in place
Last edited by LaT3raluS at Jan 6, 2009,
Your gfx and is good, cuz there's nothing wrong in the pic... is it a crt monitor? They tend to get miscolorings if the cable is loose or if the tube is worn out.
Are you using a CRT style monitor?

If so a tube might be a bit ****ed, happened on my old one.. Also, one of the cables was half broke so in certain positions it went all blue.

CRT monitors are better btw, on the whole.. Until they release 100hz LED monitors and they are the norm.
LaT3raluS is correct. This happened to my monitor and I just had to move the cable around a bit and tighten it's connections.
Thanks guys, I'll try wiggle some cables around to see if anything changes.

Ed0t: Ahh it's all better. I loosened up the cable and pushed it in harder, then screwed it all tight. Screen went back to normal immediately.

Thanks for the help guys.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Last edited by Finnepinne at Jan 6, 2009,
Quote by Jackolas
Are you using a CRT style monitor?

If so a tube might be a bit ****ed, happened on my old one.. Also, one of the cables was half broke so in certain positions it went all blue.

CRT monitors are better btw, on the whole.. Until they release 100hz LED monitors and they are the norm.

Refresh rate hardly matters on LCDs since the whole screen is refreshed at once instead of line by line like CRTs. You'll never see any flickering. LCDs have better colour reproduction and contrast and the response times of most are now fast enough to avoid any ghosting even on fast action scenes. There's really no reason to stick with a bulky CRT any more.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Axeman99
Refresh rate hardly matters on LCDs since the whole screen is refreshed at once instead of line by line like CRTs. You'll never see any flickering. LCDs have better colour reproduction and contrast and the response times of most are now fast enough to avoid any ghosting even on fast action scenes. There's really no reason to stick with a bulky CRT any more.

No way! No way man. No.

Also, flicker does matter on LCDs. Especially when a graphics card is sending a signal at a forced rate of 60hz and the annoying floresent backlights flicker at about 200mhz. Watching full screen video or playing counterstrike on a CRT @ 85hz or 100hz kicks the **** out of a 60hz LCD for smoothness and butter.

Lots of people agree with this. I have seen it with my own eyes. Refresh rate matters HUGELY and the sooner these 60hz flat screens die and are replaced by 100hz the better.

People forget what quality is. LED backlighting is FAR better than Floresent backlighting which I personally hate anyway, and allows for much better blacks and contrast (like on a CRT).

If you want to know why the current LCD screens are so popular and now CRTs are hard to get/expensive... They are much easier to make, cheaper to make, way cheaper to ship, much smaller, the public believe they are modern, etc...

Currently the 100hz LED monitors and TVs I am talking about are EXPENSIVE, for a good reason - they are much closer to CRT monitors but in a tiny package. Theoretically, I haven't used one, a LED-backlit 100hz monitor should blow everything out of the water.
Quote by Thread Starter
So the last couple of weeks my screen have occasionaly been flashing between 'normal' and 'yellow'. But the last few days it has been all yellow. And it grinds my gears.

Hahaha, you remind me of Peter Griffin when he made his mini-TV show called It Grinds My Gears in Family Guy.

Anyways to help you, it does matter. I've had a LCD monitor connected to my laptop.. it got spoilt in 2 years but I think it's something to do with the graphic card. Please give us details about your system, TS.
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
yeah its the cord. it used to happen to me. every once in a while the cord gets knocked out of the back a bit and only shows one color. it also does it with red and green for me i think
Quote by yo_peh
i love you!
have cookie

Quote by RocksAwakening5
^^^ So much win, omg.
Quote by Jackolas
No way! No way man. No.

Also, flicker does matter on LCDs. Especially when a graphics card is sending a signal at a forced rate of 60hz and the annoying floresent backlights flicker at about 200mhz. Watching full screen video or playing counterstrike on a CRT @ 85hz or 100hz kicks the **** out of a 60hz LCD for smoothness and butter.

Lots of people agree with this. I have seen it with my own eyes. Refresh rate matters HUGELY and the sooner these 60hz flat screens die and are replaced by 100hz the better.

People forget what quality is. LED backlighting is FAR better than Floresent backlighting which I personally hate anyway, and allows for much better blacks and contrast (like on a CRT).

If you want to know why the current LCD screens are so popular and now CRTs are hard to get/expensive... They are much easier to make, cheaper to make, way cheaper to ship, much smaller, the public believe they are modern, etc...

Currently the 100hz LED monitors and TVs I am talking about are EXPENSIVE, for a good reason - they are much closer to CRT monitors but in a tiny package. Theoretically, I haven't used one, a LED-backlit 100hz monitor should blow everything out of the water.

I suppose an advantage of CRTs is that you can actually get >60fps. To my eyes my 19in LCD is pretty smooth while playing CS and video, and even with a 2000:1 contrast ratio which isn't really that high anymore the colours are more vibrant than any CRT I've used. Most people wouldn't be able to percieve much of a difference between 60Hz and 100Hz I don't think.

I know where you're coming from though, I'm not too fussy with displays but audio is another matter... whenever someone says "oh a £3 pair of headphones will do" or "why do I need a sound card?" or "music on my laptop sounds good", eurghhh...

Also, if I had a CRT my keyboard would be on my lap right now, as would my deathadder which kind of loses its effectiveness when used on my leg
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Finnepinne
I loosened up the cable and pushed it in harder, then screwed it all tight.

You know, to my filthy mind, that almost sounds like an innuendo