One Summer when I was younger I went to my local arcade. They used to let you play as many games as you liked for TEN dollars for half an hour or some ****... I saved up 400 tickets to get 'Nimrod' by Green Day.

When I finally had enough tickets I had spent something like FIFTY dollars. Then when I got to the store I found out that it was only the single 'Good Riddance.'

I was pretty bummed, but it was alright because I really liked that song. And I still like that song... but sweet semen-loving Jesus I can't stand those whiny assholes today.

I'm sure it's happened to you. Either your personality / taste in music changes. Or the band you used to rock out to just deteriorates into a pile of worthless corporate ****. Maybe both!?

So the question is... What bands did you used to play over and over on your parent's 2-story tall CD stacker until the plastic casing rattled into your headphones... But listening to them today makes you sicker than eating a White Ox sandwich...

Which bands used to rock?
I used to love Oasis - they're sooo past it now

U2 were good in the beginning as well, before Bono became a complete cnut
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by zimmzimmer
Maybe your Dads pissed because hes shooting blanks :P
Foo Fighters and Nickelback.
I hated them in the first place to be honest, but if I ever were a fan I would still hate them right now. Their new material is utter bullshit in my opinion; far too commercial.

And Beck. It's not that he's gotten worse, he's still brilliant, but he can't seem to stick to a genre or style.
Quote by Rock Pig

And Beck. It's not that he's gotten worse, he's still brilliant, but he can't seem to stick to a genre or style.

That's generally a good thing. It shows the artist isn't a one-trick pony.

NoFX, used to love them, now everytime I hear them I want to go after the speakers with an axe or something similar.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Fall out Boy. I love their old songs but now they sound well... pretty gay in their new songs because they are pop sellouts now...
i use to love Led Zeppelin, but i drifted from their stuff, alot of their stuff to me isnt as interesting anymore....nothing really as complex as i thought
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Quote by Gris-Gris-Man
i use to love Led Zeppelin, but i drifted from their stuff, alot of their stuff to me isnt as interesting anymore....nothing really as complex as i thought

I think GNR has really slipped to the point of not being able to be called GNR anymore... it's kind of just Axel's jam band.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by kickasspats
Fall out Boy. I love their old songs but now they sound well... pretty gay in their new songs because they are pop sellouts now...

09'r? yup i knew it.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by thementor
09'r? yup i knew it.

Not too far from that yourself.

Stop with the "zomg your a *insert date joined*"
second fallout boy. kinda like their first songs, listened to Folie a Deux and it doesn't really sound so hot.

Slash. last VR record, not so good. VR not as good as Slash's Snakepit, which was not as good as GNR. You see the trend?

Aerosmith, just because they're trying to milk the cow by putting out crappy records. Same reason for Rolling Stones.
Quote by Hendrix_fan_14
Not too far from that yourself.

Stop with the "zomg your a *insert date joined*"

haha. no one here's been here for more than 2 years. lol

I'm jk.

I just bought the All American Rejects newest album and I wish they sounded like they did on the first record. they totally changed their sound since then.
Linkin Park - I loved Hybrid Theory, Meteora was good, can't stand their new stuff... although come to think of it, their old stuff really doesnt sound that good anymore...
smh...R.I.P Soundgarden
Wheres Kim Thayil anyway?

and I think the obvious choices for this thread have already been stated...Chris Cornell,Metallica,GnR...

I understand this eras suppose to be about change and ****,but gah...
Change Sells But Whose Buyin? obviously thousands of teenage girls...
Quote by thementor
09'r? yup i knew it.

something a new guy would say
Quote by Sami Philadelph
smh...R.I.P Soundgarden

and I think the obvious choices for this thread have already been stated...Chris Cornell,Metallica,GnR...

Last I heard from him is when he was in Probot and had a guest spot with Sun O)))
He is most likely hiding in a hole in Seattle with mole people.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
i used to really like iron maiden.. but i dont really are for much of it anymore (its alright tho)
and i hate all metallica after the black album
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe."
Frank Zappa
Death Magnetic was not AJFA With Bass...that's for sure.
It sure as hell wasn't Master of Puppets...

and I think it was Rob Zombie (or someone?) who said "People got the black album and said... "THIS ISNT MASTER OF PUPPETS!"

That album was CRAP...
Exit Light,and eject the ****ing CD...

May be okay for any other band,but thats what you get for putting out high standard material,doing it is easy,following it up is hard

but enough metallica bashing?
I say we bash Chris Cornell for selling out so hard its laughable...like his carrer is almost comical...hes an r&b artist you guys R&B! the fake pop kind at that...
Quote by Sami Philadelph
smh...R.I.P Soundgarden

Kim works in his local Cinnabon; http://www.theonion.com/content/news/soundgarden_inadvertently_reunites
When Aerosmith was with Columbia they couldn't get much better, but after they changed to Geffen it was hit and miss for a while before it became ballad after ballad after ballad after ballad...