Poll: Does Love Ever Go Away?
Poll Options
View poll results: Does Love Ever Go Away?
Yes
157 50%
No
154 50%
Voters: 311.
Page 1 of 4
Yes, it's just chemicals in your body, boyo.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
There's no such thing as love in my icy cold heart.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Not if you eat chocolate all day. And true love never fades, its the infatuation that people mistake for love that fades.
Yes.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by haz_uk
you're finding it hard to get over that bitch who dumped you last week aren't you?

no, me and my friend were discussing how love and infatuation are different, and he said they both go away, im very content with my status
imo love will always be there unless its shattered, eg

if u 'love' a girl but she never rejects u, u will always feel like that

if she rejects u and humiliates u then it will go away
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
depends what kind of love. boyfriend-girlfriend or husband-wife love will lessen, as the brains chemicals change. There are still plenty of old couples that love each other though. And there's also birth family type love. Most people love their parents, siblings, etc. for their entire lives.
I saw some thing on the telly a while ago, apparently after about 2 years of solid loving someone (of the opposite sex - or if yer queer) Your brain actually starts to become immune to the hormone that makes you feel in love.

I don't know how true it was, but it was some doctor wifey who said it i'm sure.
I think the nature of love can change, but I don't think you can stop loving someone.
Hi, I'm Peter
After a good fap it does.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
if you truely love some1 then no, it doesnt ever go away... you will always have feelings for them no matter what, maybe not as strong as they once were but they'll always have or be some part of you
iM Get'n that fa sho!

play acoustic, jam hard

AiM - TheCarsonCity
Quote by silvertone420
if you truely love some1 then no, it doesnt ever go away... you will always have feelings for them no matter what, maybe not as strong as they once were but they'll always have or be some part of you

I actually believe this is trues.
Since we are speaking in english, this thread is sorely lacking...look up the greek words for love, there are 5 I believe. Yea:
Agape: "Love of the soul". I never experienced it, and don't believe I will, but am keeping my mind open. No comment on it disappearing
Eros: Sensual desire. For it lasting, see Zero-Hartman's post. Joking, but it is easy to overcome.
Philia: Love of the mind. Usually for mutual benefit. Friends. More powerful than agape in my opinion. But it does go away.
Storge: Natural affection (like familial relationships). Very difficult to make go away, nearly incapable due to it being biologically adequate to love/defend/care for offspring to preserve the species.
Xenia: Hospitality. Love for strangers. Irrelevant to the discussion.

I'm guessing you meant agape, and as far as I know, it does go away, and its just emo whining most of the time.
Quote by Prisoner5
Since we are speaking in english, this thread is sorely lacking...look up the greek words for love, there are 5 I believe. Yea:
Agape: "Love of the soul". I never experienced it, and don't believe I will, but am keeping my mind open. No comment on it disappearing
Eros: Sensual desire. For it lasting, see Zero-Hartman's post. Joking, but it is easy to overcome.
Philia: Love of the mind. Usually for mutual benefit. Friends. More powerful than agape in my opinion. But it does go away.
Storge: Natural affection (like familial relationships). Very difficult to make go away, nearly incapable due to it being biologically adequate to love/defend/care for offspring to preserve the species.
Xenia: Hospitality. Love for strangers. Irrelevant to the discussion.

I'm guessing you meant agape, and as far as I know, it does go away, and its just emo whining most of the time.

Pretentious-corner.
Quote by Jackolas
I actually believe this is trues.

The feeling of "love" has gone away though. Yeah, you may still care for them, but not love them
Quote by silvertone420

+ teh big 1
It's funny that you were thinking about this because I just was myself. My ex-girlfriend and I dated from the time I was a sophomore in high school (xmas time of my soph. yr) until about 3 weeks before my sophomore year in college. It's now been about 6 1/2 months we've been apart.

At first, obviously, I thought about her a lot. The first month or so was pretty lame, but I felt like I had moved on pretty quickly. I even got laid by some other bitch, and she was rarely in my thoughts. About three months in, she started calling my phone, and even erased my entire myspace. Obviously, I began to think back, and albeit being angry with her, I knew she just wanted me to call her, or to pick up for her calls, but I never did.

I just never wanted to, I wanted her gone.

Then, more months passed. Here I am, waking up after a night having (unwillingly, of course) dreams about her frequently. I don't know what it is. I'll never call her again, even though she most likely would pick up. In a way, a strong way, I definitely want to, but I never ever will, this I'm vowing to myself.

It's time to move on, you know, but something about her always remains here, you know. I always sing a song or two in remembrance.

I figure though that, in teh end, 6 months really isn't that long, especially after all the time we were together. One day, I'm hoping, my life will change, I'll meet a new girl, and I'll no longer reside in the same spot where we spent some of our best moments together (sadly, my beloved room).

I think, after such changes, the love might still remain in a small way, but only in the form of a loving memory, which is something it already kind of has become. It's not possible for us to ever have the times we had in the past again, but the times we had in the past shall forever remain. You are only 15-19 yrs old once, after all.
The times they are a changin'.....
Quote by IronBeard
What is love?

(Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more...)

No no, nononono no, nonono no no, no no THERE'S NO LIMIT!!!!!!!11
I vote yes. I was once in love when I was about 16 or 17. I was young but I would still call it love. I couldn't wake up or go to sleep without thinking about her and when it ended it was the worst emotional feeling ever. But now, with the aid of time (and other girls) I no longer feel that way.
I'm Tyler
LOVE CAN GO AWAY!!!!!!!! I just recently split from my furure wife (we were together for years)...lies, drugs, stealing...the **** wasn't worth it. I apologize in advance if I'm not allowed to "swear" but damn that woman pisses me off...
Crushin Souls...Breakin Hearts...Stealin Girlfriends
So far for me - No :<
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
I myself am a strong believer that love never does go away. As humans we are born with something missing, as we grow it becomes our parents who fill that spot, but once you move out and get a life there is nobody else, when you love someone that spot is filled again and when that person leaves our you leave them you miss that feeling of not being empty inside or being alone. so NO love never does go away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by {[Shylar]}
no shes obssessed with the Twilight series and the charactor of Edward

Wow, I'm sorry. That book has corrupted ladies everywhere.

Lets get together and feel alright
depends what kind you mean.

love for a family member? probably not. even if they do something that you absolutely despise them for.

love for a friend? yeah, that isn't all that hard to get over.

love for a girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife/etc.? yeah it goes away. but sometimes it takes a while. i've been in 2 relationships that lasted over 2 years. it took me about a year until i really had no feelings for the first one. the second was about 4 months ago, and i still feel like i love her to some extent.
Quote by wesselbindt
People divorce>conclusion=love fades away.

not exactly people get divorces for a multitude of reasons, not exactly for a lack of love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by {[Shylar]}
no shes obssessed with the Twilight series and the charactor of Edward

Wow, I'm sorry. That book has corrupted ladies everywhere.

Lets get together and feel alright
Quote by silvertone420

+1000

i think the same really, the amount of people i know who say they will always still love their first love.

and its evident with tommy lee and pammy. they are always quoted at saying they will always love each other, and the quotes have actually been at times when tommy was single and pammy was either married or with someone else.
If you ask me it depends. Sometimes is does, sometimes is doesn't. Well, in my experience anyway.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Fail, clicked "No" by accident. As Kensai said its pretty much just hormones.
Quote by Kensai
Yes, it's just chemicals in your body, boyo.

There's a difference between "being in love" and "loving somebody", you know...

"Being in love", by which I mean falling head over heels for somebody, going crazy when you see him/her, is just chemicals and it goes away after some time.
"Loving somebody" though, is enjoying being with that person, knowing him/her inside and out, and trusting him/her with everything you have.

In a successful long-term relationship, the feeling of "being in love" gets replaced by "loving each other" after some time. Relationships that don't make that transition, usually end after the "chemicals" stop working...

... boyo.
Page 1 of 4