Page 1 of 2
Come september. It's nice, because I'll finally get a space that I can do stuff I want to do in, but I'm probably going to get rid of a lot of my stuff. So far my list of essential posessions are: Futon, Guitar(s), Pedal Board, iPod, Laptop, Warhammer 40k models, and Magic Cards. I may only have room for one guitar, god forbid, but if I can fit more, then I'll rejoice, for I have two and I'm rebuilding a third. Also my videogames. That's a lot of stuff, so as you can see I may have to ditch some of it.

Reason for moving out is that I just can't ****ing stand my parents. I understand that they put a roof over my head, but they don't realize that the only difference between me and them is that they actually get paid for their 8 hour work day, while school doesn't pay ****. I'm about to begin my job search, starting with the music store, and working my way towards guitar center.

Today, I'm going to ask the guys at my music store what it takes to get a job there. wish me luck, pit. Also, first person to tell me to kill myself will earn my internet respect forever.

I have a few questions, for those who live in generally big cities, and specifically in San Francisco:

How do you find good roommates?
How do you be a good roommate?
How do you find good housing?
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Ergh Warhammer?

Seriously?

It's just expensive chess...

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
You should probably wait a few years, though.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Kill Yourself:P
Metal!!!/COLOR]<br><br>
Gear:
LTD M-200FM
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Boss GE-7
Zoom II Effects Pedal
Dont rush **** man if you don't have a job yet you can't move out.
Last edited by -tempest- at Jan 6, 2009,
I joke:P
Metal!!!/COLOR]<br><br>
Gear:
LTD M-200FM
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Boss GE-7
Zoom II Effects Pedal
You'll regret moving out after a few weeks when you have no money, limited social life and have to work 40-50 hours a week just so you can pay the rent.

But to add to it:
Moving out is possibly the biggest decisin you will make this year.
You have to fend for your self alot more and make some tough decisions.
As the Recession starts to bite harder, you may find it harder living on your own that with your peeps.
But try to enjoy it. Try and get some mates to become room mates and that'll help pay the rent. Also, try to get a house/apartment/flat near the town centre so you don't have to walk far or get several buses/trains to work.
Inner-city housing is usually rough and crappy, but dirt cheap if you can stand living next door to a violent drug-user.
Last edited by Moggan13 at Jan 6, 2009,
...and council tax, electricity, gas, phone, BB, food
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
It sounds like you haven't thought this through properly, getting a job, especially at the moment isn't that easy, and moving out is a big deal and takes alot of responsibility, money and other crap.

Plus you can't just ask your parents to make sandwiches and hot drinks whenever you want or laundry!
Quote by -tempest-
Dont rush **** man if you don't have a job yet you can't move out.

Yeah but he lives in America. IT'S LIKE THE MOVIES, OKAY?
''they actually get paid for their 8 hour work day, while school doesn't pay ****. ''
You're a dick. And an idiot. If you were smart, you'd wait 'till you finish school to move out. And to be honest, I'd rather be in school all day than working. And your parents pay for your school, so respect them.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Join the military, they'll put a roof over your head, food in your stomach and teach you how to shoot. Plus it's a guaranteed pay check! Of course you have to deal with the bull**** everyday, live with a roommate til you either get married or hit E5, possibly go to a hostile country, can't do any drugs, most likely get shot at. Oh, and don't forget, the first (depending on your job) 17-61 weeks you're in the military you get yelled at every day. They'll get you into shape though!
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by Jackolas
Yeah but he lives in America. IT'S LIKE THE MOVIES, OKAY?

1) I live in America aswell
2) what?
And if you're not 18 yet they're still your legal guardians and can keep you from moving out - unless you get emancipated, which ain't easy.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Good luck with that. I hear they have some nice cardboard boxes down by the freeway.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by crackhutch
Join the military, they'll put a roof over your head, food in your stomach and teach you how to shoot. Plus it's a guaranteed pay check! Of course you have to deal with the bull**** everyday, live with a roommate til you either get married or hit E5, possibly go to a hostile country, can't do any drugs, most likely get shot at. Oh, and don't forget, the first (depending on your job) 17-61 weeks you're in the military you get yelled at every day. They'll get you into shape though!

I would actually join, but i got very mild asthma, so I'm gonna wait 3 years then try again.

Not all jobs in the Forces require you to fire a gun at enemies. If i was to join up, I would do Intelligence.
you know all these guys talking about rent and bills are just trying to hold you back, trust me you need to consider these words

The seaweed is always greener
In somebody else's lake
You dream about going up there
But that is a big mistake
Just look at the world around you
Right here on the ocean floor
Such wonderful things surround you
What more is you lookin' for?

Under the sea
Under the sea
Darling it's better
Down where it's wetter
Take it from me
Up on the shore they work all day
Out in the sun they slave away
While we devotin'
Full time to floatin'
Under the sea

Down here all the fish is happy
As off through the waves they roll
The fish on the land ain't happy
They sad 'cause they in their bowl
But fish in the bowl is lucky
They in for a worser fate
One day when the boss get hungry
Guess who's gon' be on the plate

Under the sea
Under the sea
Nobody beat us
Fry us and eat us
In fricassee
We what the land folks loves to cook
Under the sea we off the hook
We got no troubles
Life is the bubbles
Under the sea
Under the sea
Since life is sweet here
We got the beat here
Naturally
Even the sturgeon an' the ray
They get the urge 'n' start to play
We got the spirit
You got to hear it
Under the sea

The newt play the flute
The carp play the harp
The plaice play the bass
And they soundin' sharp
The bass play the brass
The chub play the tub
The fluke is the duke of soul
(Yeah)
The ray he can play
The lings on the strings
The trout rockin' out
The blackfish she sings
The smelt and the sprat
They know where it's at
An' oh that blowfish blow

Under the sea
Under the sea
When the sardine
Begin the beguine
It's music to me
What do they got? A lot of sand
We got a hot crustacean band
Each little clam here
know how to jam here
Under the sea
Each little slug here
Cuttin' a rug here
Under the sea
Each little snail here
Know how to wail here
That's why it's hotter
Under the water
Ya we in luck here
Down in the muck here
Under the sea

Live Underwater
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by Moggan13
I would actually join, but i got very mild asthma, so I'm gonna wait 3 years then try again.

Not all jobs in the Forces require you to fire a gun at enemies. If i was to join up, I would do Intelligence.

Don't tell them you have asthma and you have no problems. Besides, people in intelligence still have to shoot and go to dangerous countries. I have a friend that was shot in a convoy in Iraq that is in Intelligence. You're not completely safe no matter what job you do.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Watch Friends.
Pick one of the characters and do exactly what they do.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
It can go either way. The more planning and preparing you do now, the better. And I daresay secure a job before you move out, if that's possible.

It can be hell. Like having to live for a week on $10. Stuff like that.
Get a job and stay home- but do what I did- get a night job so that you only see your parents for a few mins per day when you are leaving for work, and you get home at some ungodly hour.

Worked out great for me, and you can stockpile cash.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
Quote by smb
Maybe it's a good time to lose the kids toys.

No.

Bad dinosaur.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Quote by smb

this.

at least keep just a few, those little f***ers take up a lot of space.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by smb

Maybe it's a good time to lose the attitude.
Quote by shoolocomous
Maybe it's a good time to lose the attitude.
Do you want a hug?
Your life will suck. You will be homeless, broke and dirty like a hobo.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by smb
Do you want a hug?

no. you don't care. I'm saving my hug love for someone special, and that isn't you.
Last edited by shoolocomous at Jan 6, 2009,
Page 1 of 2