hey!

I've written the second part of Regis III, which is planned to be a triology.
It's kind of science-fiction-inspired, especially stanislaw lem-inspired.

in the second part i tried to discribe the impressions an astronaut on a kind of unknown planet - Regis III.

however, would be nice if you took a look on it and critic it.

lg, ganyo

ps: c4c!!
Attachments:
regisiii2.zip
i apologize for my bad english.
Last edited by ganyo at Jan 6, 2009,
I like the majority of your individual pieces, especially the outro, but they just repeat too many times in my opinion. I think it would also be good if somewhere in the middle you threw in a bit with a different tempo just to break up the song a little bit so it doesn't sound as monotonous. It definitely has possibilities though.
hey!

thx for the crit

yes, many parts are repeated quite often. but i think, that's ok, if u imagine it recorded. i think in gp things seem more repetive.
Don't mind that other guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

This song is so kickass! I really like your work here man, really cool.

Part 1: Awesome bass intro. Couldn't be any better. The 7/8 thing works great, and it floows very well. Perfect. All of the other instruments does their work as well. Especially like the percussion

Part 2 - 1: Great transition. It's a great break wich was very needed. And then the other instruments enter again, and it's all good.

Part 2 - 2: Cool "verse"-feel to it. Everything compliments eachother really well.

Part 2 - 3: Haha, the crazy part! Wow, well for one thing it's very unexpected! It's a great way of making something your one, you know? It is very original and creative of you to break it down like that, and you did it cool. I mean, it's crazy and all, but it still works so good.

Part 3: Yes, this last part is really epic. I love how after your crazy-ass breakdown you build it up again and make an awesome outro out of it. Just great!

To sum it up; I love this thing! Your instrumental work is unbelivable. Aside from some minor issues, your song is very close to perfect!

Check out my latest piece? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1049035
Last edited by Behzad93 at Jan 19, 2009,
heyhey, thx for the crit

Part 2 - 3: Haha, the crazy part! Wow, well for one thing it's very unexpected! It's a great way of making something your one, you know? It is very original and creative of you to break it down like that, and you did it cool. I mean, it's crazy and all, but it still works so good.

this thing is needed for the story i tried to "tell" in my piece it fits in the concept. glad u like it
I'm at school, so I don't have Guitar Pro or RSE, so my review may be a little... biased towards MIDI >>

0:00: I really like the bass intro! It sets a kind of chaotic feel for me... and then the next instrument comes in... I don't know what it is but it gives it a very ethnic feel for me. It adds a melody over the other melody. I like it :]

0:50: I like the guitar. It's pretty simple and just kind of sounds like more of a rhythm, but that's ok :] It adds a needed element. The drums are good too. I like them.

1:40: I like the way you introed the section with the bass. The drums are very nice here. Nice and chaotic. The strings add a needed feel to the song. It's a very atmospheric section of the song. But it does seem to repeat too much... i'm not too much a fan of repetition. But this is without vocals... so with it might be better.

2:48: The drums are very nice. Very calm with a chaotic undertone. The same instrument from the beginning comes in again and gives it an ethnic feel. The guitar that comes in definately protrays a feeling of hostility. It seems like everything was going right in space, but then something happened and ruined everything.

The long pause at bar 82 gives a very airy feel. A feeling of a heartbeat actually... that's what I get from it. Then when the guitar comes in it fills in that empty space and when the strings come in it makes it sound very sad. It's a very haunting section. I like it alot.

iii.3: The strings are amazing here. I really like them. And the guitars just compliment them even more. The drums add to the overall tone of the section. It's a very epic part of the song. Probably what I would call the peak? Maybe... I think a nice, melodic solo going over that would sound really good.

Will finish later... bells about to ring to release. Good song though :]

Overall, a 9.5/10. Very nice piece of music you have here. Everything seems very well thought out and everything has a purpose in it. The only problem I have is the repetition of some parts too much, but that's my own personal thing. I look forward to your next pieces :]

C4C on Manifestation in my sig? You don't have to until i'm done...

EDIT: I listened to it on RSE when I got home, and realized you didn't use a weird instrument xD Shows how good I am with MIDI..
Last edited by DiminishedFifth at Jan 20, 2009,