Right, because I've recently been made redundant ( ) I can no longer afford the dsl head/cab I was after.
Anyway, Im attracted by the Valve King head - good sound at a good price. Two of my friends play them and they sound good.

Just wondered though, if I got the 100watt head, could I plug it into my 50watt SS combo?
I know 100watt tube is miles louder than 50watt solid state, but at bedroom levels would this be okay until I got a cab?

Or, should I not even try it and settle for the combo :/
You can't just use a combo as a speaker cab. You can use the speaker in the combo if it disconnects and is rated for the appropriate amount of ohms and watts.
Hi, I'm Peter
you need a speaker that will more than cover the watts of the head and will match the ohms.
you also need to install a jack to direct line to the speaker.

so, that's no in this case.

^hey pete, happy new year
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Okay, thanks!

It was just a quick fix solution to getting the amp now I guess.
I dont mind waiting until I get another job and saving up.

Damn credit crunch!
For a quick fix solution build yourself something like whats in the picture below.. I built this and installed it on my Ampeg, works like a charm.

And as long as you match the ohms up to the head and dont crank it you should be fine.

Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jan 6, 2009,