After my creative zen vision m broke down on me ive decided that i am gonna get a ipod instead of buying a creative. Mainly because creative players always seem to have problems and ive just bought a new tele for my room which has a built in ipod docking station, so its ideal.

My budget is £150 maximum. For that i could get about 8 or 10 gb i think. I am just wondering which type of ipod to get. Got the classic, nano and shuffle to think about. The touch is out of my league. I want it to be able to play videos and of course listen to music. So what one would you recommend that you can rely on?

Also, i have always used Windows Media Player as my default music player and synced using my creative zen. But i was just wondering can you sync ipods on there or would i have to use itunes for that?

Thank you and im happy to answer any questions :-)
it matters how much music/videos you want to put on. the classic has alot of memory but is very big but this is the one i prefer :/

you would have to transfer your songs from WMP to an itunes library because it doesnt work like tht
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Last edited by ThinLizzyFan at Jan 6, 2009,
A nano is real good. A lot of people think they'll need something more, even I did, but a nano outta do it for you. Also, you will have to use iTunes, it's easier to navigate anyways.
Get one of those 16GB nano chromatics unless you have lots of music/want to watch vids and such. I only have a 4GB nano =(.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by JackalUK
Save an extra £15 and get a 8gig touch

+1 The Touch is well worth it.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I got the new iPod Classic, and it's pretty much everything I need.

If you want something purely for listening to music, it's the one to go for.

Slightly over £150 though.
Don't buy the iPod Touch. It is a TOTAL gimmick.

A much better option is the Sony NWZ-A729, which is about £100, has 16gb and a big screen. Plus the sound is waaay better.
Quote by JackalUK
Save an extra £15 and get a 8gig touch

+1 I got a 8 ig touch and didnt think it had enough but i was quite surprised and its all screen
GEAR
________

Jackson RR3 w/ Dimebucker
Epiphone G400 Extreme
Marshall Mg30 Dfx (It does the job),
Kelry Sinister Strings, 10 - 52's
Dunlop Jazz III's or Dunlop purple 2.00 tortex(sharpened).
Quote by prt1990
I got the new iPod Classic, and it's pretty much everything I need.

If you want something purely for listening to music, it's the one to go for.

Slightly over £150 though.

I got a 80gb classic when it first came out for £149, it's the best buy I've ever got in Mp3 standards.
It's my music player, video player, ect all in one.

You can get the 160gb classic for about 140 now I think?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Ipod classic is classic man. lots of storage room. Great for music and video. could also function as external hard disk =D

all the ipods are good. it just depends on how much memory you're gonna need. If you want to play games and acces the internet and such. a touch is recommended.
Quote by charlie931
Don't buy the iPod Touch. It is a TOTAL gimmick.

A much better option is the Sony NWZ-A729, which is about £100, has 16gb and a big screen. Plus the sound is waaay better.

I agree with the sound being worse on basically all iPods, but the iPod is so user friendly, it might just be worth it.

I had a 16gb iPod touch and I loved it, even though I have over 40gb of music on my computer. I eventually sold it and bought an iPhone though haha.
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2