I am leaving for college in the fall, i have a budget of about 600. I am looking for something that i can get good satch style tones as well as good clean reverb and chorus. Im not into heavy metal at all. More along the bluesy john mayer and SRV style, as well as satriani and things of that nature. I will be playing in a blues band (Texas style) and an instrumental (jazz/Greg Howe style) ensemble of which i will be soloing frequently. Please give me some suggestions. I have thought about buying the satchurator but im not sure what amp to get, it would be needed for both practice and gigging. Gigs will not be huge. 150-200 people maximum. Auditoriums and coffee shops will be the main environment. Please someone help me i have mulling over this for some time now.
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150

I am new to recording, any tips and suggestions are well appreciated check my profile for my original compositions.
Last edited by Blues_MTA at Jan 6, 2009,
Deluxe Reverb, od & chorus pedal should get you there. A Traynor YCV40 or YCV20 may not need the od pedal. You would have to be "creative" with your settings for the Satch stuff but they should do blues, southern rock etc very well. Just throwing them out there. Look used as usual to get more for your money.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
would the satchurator sound good through those, ive played the satchurator and love the tone
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150

I am new to recording, any tips and suggestions are well appreciated check my profile for my original compositions.
great suggestion nightraven!!!
check ebay, sometimes you can find them for 600-700 hundred.
a silverface would go for even less if you can find one.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Blues_MTA
would the satchurator sound good through those, ive played the satchurator and love the tone

I never tried I just don't think his tone is historically fender, that was all I was getting at. The Blues Jr would be a good amp too for what you are doing, I just think the DRRI is a better amp. Used, the Blues Jr's go for $300-350, and DRRI's go for $400-550 generally. Craigslist if you can friend.
great, thanks alot. do you think a guitar center would have those two amps, just wondering because the only guitar venter is aboout 2 hours away
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150

you see i have a line 6 spider III hd 150 but it jsut dosent do what i thought it would. too noisy and just not a very full sound in general, i want to go back to basics, i had heard good things about the peavy vypyr but im not sure. i think i really need to just go to a guitar center and try some out, do they take used gear, like could i take them my line 6 head for store credit or something?
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150

my guitar center is sh!t, but it has both of those. hopefully yours will. you can always call them and make sure though.

edit/ yes you can bring in the line 6 and trade it in. you might get more for it if you sell it elsewhere, but that can be a hassle.
also, why not just use your silvertone amp, those things are usually effing sweet! i want that amp lol
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Last edited by chea_man at Jan 6, 2009,
Call them first obviously so you don't waste a ton of time/effort. I did see this in WV. http://martinsburg.craigslist.org/msg/965585539.html Not sure where this is in relation to you in WV, but the add reads kinda interesting. See what he will take for the blues jr if it's within reasonable driving distance. Like I posted, $300-350 is usual for those amps on the used US market.
actually thats right where my school is, im going to shepherd university in the fall, if i do well on my audition that is. Thank you very much, im gonne go to a gutiar center and try these options wotha satchurator and possibly a tube screamer, i just want to make sure that im making the right desicsion, i think that this setup will be more suited to my need than the line 6 but i dont want to seem like a gear ***** haha.
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150

Last edited by Blues_MTA at Jan 6, 2009,