finally got my hands on a Boss HM-2 pedal, and its awesome, the gain is brutal. but there is quite a lot of feedback noise coming from the amp. would a noise gate pedal such as a boss ns-2 sort this? sorry for the noob question.
Quote by duncang
If Varg had any sense of humour, he'd open the album with a cover of Superstition.
What amp are you using it with on what channel, how high is the volume, what guitar are you using and how close to the amp are you standing?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
What amp are you using it with on what channel, how high is the volume, what guitar are you using and how close to the amp are you standing?

marshall mg50 ( upgrading soon), the feedback noise just goes up and down with the volume so its always there but louder the louder the amp is, the guitar was a custom build of a friend of mine, it has emgs 81/60, and standing fairly close to the amp.
Quote by duncang
If Varg had any sense of humour, he'd open the album with a cover of Superstition.
bump
Quote by duncang
EMGs feeding a high gain distortion pedal into a MG or just about any SS amp is gonna give this kind of noise. Are you using the clean channel with the pedal? Also the closer you are the more feedback your gonna get with high gain.
A noise gate such as the NS-2 would work.
Although I highly recomend the ISP Decimator.
Here its on scratch and dent sale if you want it cheeper
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=150368X
But then again the shipping might be too much.
In which if you got a patch cable with it for circa 5 USD you can get the shipping free.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']A noise gate such as the NS-2 would work.
Although I highly recomend the ISP Decimator.
Here its on scratch and dent sale if you want it cheeper
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=150368X
But then again the shipping might be too much.
In which if you got a patch cable with it for circa 5 USD you can get the shipping free.

thanks, all i wanted to know was whether a noise gate would sort it.
Quote by duncang
NS-2 would solve the problem. I want a Heavy Metal pedal, they're quite nice.