hi all, first time i've ventured out of GGnA in a while

im trying to learn something to jam with other than a minor pentatonic scale and i came a cross a C major scale: C, D, E, G, A which is the same as an A minor pentatonic scale, A, C, D, E, G

so i play a 12 bar blues in C (CFCC, FFCC, GFCC) why wont an A minor pentatonic solo fit in?

or does it? is it just my ears?

any suggestions for useful scales while im here?

cheers
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
the notes of Amin pent should work fine
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
A minor pentatonic should work fine, its the relative minor of C major which means they correspond and will bpth work over the same key
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Firstly, that is the C major pentatonic scale. The C major scale is C, D, E, F, G, A, B.

To answer your question, the notes in the A minor pentatonic will work fine over something in the key of C. This is because the notes in the A minor pentatonic scale are also in the C major scale.

When your tonal centre is A (when the song sounds like it should finish on A) if you play these notes you will playing in the key of A minor and using the A minor pentatonic. When your tonal centre is C you will be playing in C major and be using the C major pentatonic.