I have looked on eBay and have seen some varying asking prices for the basic B.C. Rich Warlock (start the flaming now).

This is not for me, but for my 7 year old son who loves the shape of these guitars.

Would $75-$100 be a good deal if it has very minor scratches and plays well?
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
I expect that the price of a brand new bronze or revenge warlock would be about $150-250.

But they don't play well- its really not worth getting anything less than an IT for playability.
Quote by Milesthedude
I expect that the price of a brand new bronze or revenge warlock would be about $150-250.

But they don't play well- its really not worth getting anything less than an IT for playability.

yeah the lower end bc's are awful
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
All entry level BC Rich are horrible.If he only wants a Warlock for the shape then thats perfect but playability well...
Quote by Necr0maniac
yeah the lower end bc's are awful

Even for a 7 year old that will just pretty much beat on it and bang on the strings at this point?
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Quote by Rio38
I have looked on eBay and have seen some varying asking prices for the basic B.C. Rich Warlock (start the flaming now).

This is not for me, but for my 7 year old son who loves the shape of these guitars.

perfect price
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
They're not THAT bad... Certainly no worse than cheaper Ibanez's i've tried! I've played a stock bronze Warlock through my 1959 JCM800, and it sounds okay - not awesome though... Doesn't play too bad either!

That price sounds pretty good, and yeah...the shape is awesome!
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
Quote by mck_776
They're not THAT bad... Certainly no worse than cheaper Ibanez's i've tried! I've played a stock bronze Warlock through my 1959 JCM800, and it sounds okay - not awesome though... Doesn't play too bad either!

That price sounds pretty good, and yeah...the shape is awesome!

shape is awesome, but they are insanely bad.
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
For a seven year old kid, the shape means more than quality sound, MHO. If he likes the way it looks and thinks he's cool playing it, then he will be more apt to practice and learn on it. At that age he's probly not ready to go on stage anytime soon.

I would say get him the one he wants. If he learns some cords and simple songs, you gained a heck of a lot more than getting him a better guitar that he don't like. You have plenty of time to upgrade later.

There was a warlock at the local guitar store, (Daves guitar shop), they wanted $95 for it. Sounds like it's in check with the prices that you came up with.
It was sold before I got to it.

Thanks guys.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Quote by Rio38

You'll never find a good BC Rich Warlock for less than 280.. I think..

I just bought a BC Rich metal Master kerry King V, and that cost me 300, plus 15 for tax.
You should check out Guitar center, they have the lowest prices on a lot of things.
Last edited by Filter at Jan 6, 2009,