Hey guys. Finally (probably not) decided on a head, the JSX. Problem is it's like £50 out of my price range. Do you reckon if I took cash to GAK, where it's cheapest, I could get much off the price?

Also, if I can't, what's the view on the EVH 5150III for metal? I can get it for just over £800 cause my uncle gets staff price from Fender who make them. Cheers.
Gear:
Peavey JSX Head
Ibanez PGM301
Randall R212CB

Simple.
Quote by hellforgother
There is a shop in Middlesbrough that is better than GAK!

Steven James Guitars

Owned by former bass player of band Dogs D'amour

does amazing deals.

They don't do Peaveys man, but thanks for the site.
Gear:
Peavey JSX Head
Ibanez PGM301
Randall R212CB

Simple.
last time i went there, GAK like only did bargains with their stuff, my friend bought a guitar and they said they wont change the price but instead throw in a gigbag, a strap, and some picks. If you live in Brighton and it wont cost you much, go and try haggling. If you live elsewhere and need to get that bloody expensive train to brighton, forget it and shop somewhere cheaper.
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
dude, go for the 5150 III. for real.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Okay. Cheers guys, what are people's opinions on the 5150III? I'm really interested, obviously a better amp but will it do metal? I saw Gojira using them and I LOVE their tone but I also saw the 6505+... does it sound the same? All the clips are of stupid classic EVH-esque rock, which is okay. But doesn't help.
Gear:
Peavey JSX Head
Ibanez PGM301
Randall R212CB

Simple.
Quote by hellforgother
I'm interested in what your planning to do with your avt?

Ah I just sold it
will be worth it when I have my new amp though.
I'm using Amplitube at the mo
Gear:
Peavey JSX Head
Ibanez PGM301
Randall R212CB

Simple.
The EVH 5150III has had huge issues with reliability since it's release. Do some research and you'll find many unhappy users. Remember, the amp is made in Mexico.
The overall tone is really good, but I wouldn't say it was better than the JSX. The gain channels on the 5150III are also very noisy. Especially the 3rd channel. However Ed said in an interview that this was intentional as he likes his gain channels to be "wild".

I say go with the JSX. For the money you're short on, maybe trade in an old pedal or acoustic guitar...whatever to make up the difference.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
If you do end up going GAK all the store prices are more expensive than website, if thats where you've been looking, you can normally get the price down but not always to website price and definitely not lower.